I Miss You

I had just gotten home from work. I set my stuff down on the counter and went and sat on the couch. I decided to watch some TV before bed. to wind down from the day. I was halfway through a movie when my phone went off. I smiled at who texted me. It was the love of my life connor.
C-hey sweetheart how was your day?
S- hey handsome. Day was good long but good.
C- that's good. Did you go to Molly's Tonight?
S- no just at home for the night watching a movie. How is the conference going?
C- it's going good. I'm learning a lot. it's exciting.
S- you get home tomorrow right?
C- yep I'll be home tomorrow night. 
S- good I can't wait to see you. I miss you. Like a lot.
C- I miss you too. It's late there isn't it.
S- not to late just 10 pm
C- hey sorry to cut this short but I've got to go. I love you.
S- love you too see you tomorrow.

Connors pov
I had to stop texting Sarah because I was about to catch a flight back to Chicago. I can't wait to see Sarah in the am. I plan on taking her out to a nice dinner. I wanna suprise here she doesn't know I'm coming home early. The last day of the conference got cut short for some unknown reason. So I was able to change my flight to an earlier one. "Last call for flight 286 to Chicago" I heard them say as I boarded the plane. I was so excited. I feel like it's been so long since I've hugged sarah. I can't wait to scoop her up in my arms.
Sarah's pov
I finished texting connor and decided to get ready to go to bed. I wasn't feeling well. It had been a long day at work. I was thankful I had off tomorrow. i planed on sleeping in. I couldn't wait for connor to come home. He's only been gone 4 days but it feels like forever to me.  i just wanted to be in his arms. Just as I was about to crawl in bed I get a text from April. "Hey we are going to Molly's for late night karaoke wanna join. Mags and Nat will be there." She says "nah it's okay I'm tired" I texted back. "you sure it will be lots of fun." She messages back. "yeah it's been a long day and I'm not feeling too great. I'm calling it an early night. but thanks for asking." I text "Alright well I hope you feel better." She texted "thanks I'll talk to you later" I text. I feel horrible. So I decided to take a hot shower hoping it would make me feel better. After the shower I climb in bed.  It feels so nice to finally crawl under the covers. The clock reads 11:04. I feel so tired but can't seem to sleep I just keep tossing and turning all night. Maybe it's the excitement of connor coming home the next night or the fact that I miss him so much it aches. I hated that I couldn't sleep. So I decided to go for a drive and see where I ended up. maybe it might help me sleep later. Funny thing is the drive I took I ended at Connors place. I was getting tired again so I let myself in with the key he gave me. I then went to his bedroom and found an oversized t-shirt of his. As I put it on i bring it up around my nose and smell it.  I get a whiff of his smell. I smile knowing this is his favorite shirt. I then crawl into his bed and drift off to sleep.
Connors pov
The flight took forever at least it seemed like it anyways. I was so happy to be back in Chicago. I went to baggage and grabbed my bag. I then took a taxi to my place. I noticed when I got there sarahs car was out front. It made me smile. I quietly open the front door trying not to wake her if she's sleeping.  I walk to my bedroom room and see her sleeping in my favorite shirt. She looks so cute sleeping. I just lean against the door frame for a bit. i smile at this peaceful scene.  I then pull out my phone and take a quick picture. I then quietly change in to some PJs and carefully crawl into bed trying not to wake Sarah.   That didn't happen. She immediately turned to face me. "Connor you're home" she said with a sleepy voice. "suprise, conference ended early and I missed you. So I caught an earlier flight. What are you doing in my apartment I thought you were staying at your place."I say. "I couldn't sleep i really missed  you. I ended up going for a drive and I ended here." She says as she leans into me to cuddle. I take the cue and wrap my arms around her pulling her in closer. "I'm so happy you're home. you were gone to long. I missed you way to much."  she says. "I missed you too. I promise next time I'm gone that long I'm taking you with me." I say as I kiss the top of her head. "Mmmm this is nice. Can we stay like this forever" she asks as she cuddles in closer to me. "as long as you want sweetheart. As long as you want." I say kissing her as we drift off to sleep in each other's arms.

AN: hey all hope you enjoyed this story. I will try and post again next weekend. If you have any scenarios you want me to write let me know. As always feel free to vote and comment.