Get Well

Sarah's Pov

I had gotten to work early by 40 minutes. I had paperwork left to do from yesterday. I wasn't feeling up to it yesterday to finish it. Plus I didn't sleep well last night so I decided why not come in early to get it done. I walk in and I'm greeted by Maggie. "Reese you feeling okay you look a little pale." She tells me. "Oh no I'm fine just didn't sleep well it was too hot at my place. But thanks for checking on me. I appreciate it." I say with a smile. I go do what needs to be done with the paperwork then I start seeing patients. It was a busy morning. It's 11am when I see connor walking up to me. "hey babe. What do you need? I ask. "Hey oh nothing. Just came to say hi to my girl. How are you doing this morning? He asks. "I'm very tired not much sleep last night. But I'll be okay." I say as my pager go off. A code blue just went off in treatment 3. I rush In and started yelling order while doing CPR. It took a while but we finally got the guy stable. The next 2 hours seemed to go by really slow even though we were extremely busy. "Incoming Maggie" says to me. "what done got?" I ask Dawson as she reels in the stretcher. " motorcycle accent. He coded once on the way. We were able to get him back in the ambulance." She says as we rush into treatment 5. "on my count of 3 we transfer. One, two, three." I say. As they leave I start feeling hot. But I brush it off as nothing. "I'll take over bagging" April says to the other nurse. "I need a type and screen and two units of blood." I yell out. The nurse gets right on it. I'm about to say another command when I start to feel dizzy. "anyone else really hot." I ask. "no" they respond. "I feel re...really ho...hot." I say as I collapse on the ground. Imeditly wake up. Eithan has now rushed to my sides. "stay down Reese don't try and get up you may of hit your head." He says to me as Will takes over my patient. "Bucket please." I barely manage to say as I quickly grab the bucket and throw up. "Let's get her to a treatment room" Eithan says to Maggie who has now joined us. "yes Dr Choi" she says as she helps me up and over to treatment 2. "Your temp is 101.2 looks like the flu." She says to me. "guess I'm getting sent home." I say. "yep you know the drill. You can't be infecting patients. I'm gonna find connor to see if he can take to home." She says. As she hands me the bucket in case I need it again. Which I do. About 5-10 minutes later Connor walk in. "Hey babe what happened. Maggie says you fainted and have the flu." He says as he sits in the bed next to me. "yeah I thought it was me just being tired from not getting enough sleep. I guess not. Are you able to take me home." I ask him. "yep I'm all set I've even grabbed your stuff from your locker. So we are good to go." He says. My apartment is about 15 minutes from the hospital. All I wanted to do was crawl in bed. "here let me get that for you" connor says as he opens my apartment door. "Thanks" I say as I stumble because of being dizzy. Connor catches me before I fall over. "Let's get you to bed." He says to me as he guides me to my room. He helps me change into PJ's and helps me in bed. "Id love for you to stay but I don't wanna get you sick." I say.
Connors pov
"it's no problem I'm staying. No arguments about it. Let me just move some things around at work. Give me a sec while I call them." I say as I step out of the room so she can sleep. I pull out my phone and call Dr Downy. "hey Dr Downy...yeah um hm.. I don't have any scheduled patients do I...that's great...yeah I am... I'm gonna need the rest of the day off... Yeah she's got the flu.... Yeah with her past of getting sick so much I wanna keep an eye on her. Hope thats okay...thanks Dr Downy that means a lot to me.... Yeah she's my world...will do thanks again."I say. I hang up the phone and walk back into Sarah's room. "Hey I thought you'd be asleep by now." I say to her. "can't sleep. I feel so nauseous." She says to me. "do you want me to get you anything. Crackers or some Sprite?" I ask " umm Sprite and crackers sound good." She says "okay I'll be right back." I say as I leave. I go to the fridge and pull out the Sprite. Then I go over to her pantry and grab the crackers. As I enter her room I see her starting to drift off. I put the crackers and pop on the end table next to her and tell her they are there if she wants them​. I then lean down and give her a kiss on the forehead. "I'll be in the chair by the window if you need me"I say as I start to head that direction. "She reaches out and grabs my arm. "noooo please stay with me." She says as she scoots over for me. "well I can't say no to that adorable face of yours." I say. I grab my folders of work and crawl in bed next to her. I took some stuff home with me to work on. As I opened the folder she curls up to me. I wrap my arm around her as she settles in to me. "Try and get some sleep my darling. I'll be here when you wake up." I say as I kiss her hair. She slowly drifts off. She's not asleep long before she starts shivering. I worried she's getting worse. "I'm so c..co...cold" she shivers. " I'm gonna go get you some more blankets and the thermometer. Here please try and drink something. You need your fluids." I say getting out of bed and handing her the pop. "thanks" she says. "alright let's take your temp. I say as I come back in. "102.3 it's gone up. If it gets any higher you have to get checked into the hospital" I say as I cover her with another blanket. She nods in agreement. "Bucket please" she says I quickly hand it to her as she heaves and starts to cry. "I hate being sick with the flu." She cries. "I know darling. It's okay I've got you." I say as I rub circles on her back to calm her down. she hands me the bucket and I place it on the floor next to the bed. "Come here, come lay down with me again." I say reaching out for her. She settles down and curls up in my arms. Thank you for being here with me." She says. "You're welcome. Come lets both get some sleep." I say as she nods at me "I love you" I say kissing her forehead. I love you too" she says drifting off to sleep.

AN: Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I will try and update Sunday or Monday. As always feel free to vote and comment.