What was that?

Connors pov
Sarah and I were hanging out at molly’s for the night with some coworkers after shift. It was getting late I could tell that Sarah was getting tired. “hey guys its getting late plus I have any early morning shift at the hospital. Im gonna head out.” She says. “we all have an early shift  tomorrow you don’t see us leaving” Maggie says “ yes but I need my sleep or I will be cranky in the morning and we don’t want that.” Sarah says with a laugh. Just a few minutes after Sarah left. I told everyone I was heading out to get sleep. Truth is I was hoping Sarah would be at my place. We haven’t told anyone about us yet. I walk out to my car and drove home. I see Sarah’s car sitting out front with her leaning against it looking amazing. I smile as I get out of my car and walk over to her. I grab her hand and we walk inside. "You look beautiful tonight" I say to her. "Thank you, you don't look to bad yourself" she says with a flirty voice as she leans in to kiss me. I pick her up as she swings her legs around my waist. I carry her up stairs to my bedroom. I gently lay her down on my bed as we are still kissing. The rest of the night was a blur.

Sarah's pov

It was the middle of the night 3am I hear a loud crash bang sound outside. I'm jolted awake by the sound. I turn to Connor and wake him up. "Connor, Connor did you hear that. What was that noise?" I say as I hear the sound again. "I don't know it's coming from outside. I'll go downstairs and check it out" he says as he’s getting up. "Be safe" I say to him. "Always" he replies. I hope nothing’s wrong. 5 minutes later Connor comes back up the stairs. "I looked out through the windows downstairs and didn't see anything suspicious." Connor says as he climbs back into bed with me. "I still don't like it" I say scared. "Come here" Connor says as he pulls me into his arms to cuddle. "I've got you and I won't let anything happen to you." He says. “You promise” I say “I promise now let’s try and get some sleep before our shift tomorrow at the hospital. I drift off to sleep as he strokes my hair. I hear my alarm go off to get up for shift. I groan as I didn't sleep well after I was woken up by a loud sound outside. I turn over and see that Connor was just walking up. "Morning beautiful" he says to me with a smile. "Morning handsome" I say back with a big smile. He leans in a give me a kiss good morning. "We've got to leave for shift in an hour how about I go make breakfast while you get ready" he says "sounds good" I say as I get up and go take a shower.  When I step out of the shower I can smell the bacon being cooked. Man did I love bacon. Connor always knew just how to cook it right. Not to chewy not to crispy just that perfect in-between taste. I walk down stairs with my bag for shift as Connor greets me at the stairs with a kiss. We sit and eat our breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast. Then Connor goes and gets ready for work while I cleaned up the kitchen.

Connor's pov

I walk down stairs to find Sarah had cleaned up the kitchen. “Babe you ready to leave for work” I ask her. “Yeah I am. Just let me fill up my coffee mug. Do you want anymore?” she asks me “sure thanks babe I’d love some more.” I say as I reach the front door. I saw the trash bag from the kitchen sitting there so on our way out the door I pick it up to throw it way in the bin outside. I walk around the corner of the apartment and see the bins knocked over. I place the bags next to the bins. “Hey Sarah, babe come here for a second” I say “coming” she says walking towards me. "This is what we must have heard last night. It looks like it could have been an animal." I say.  "Connor, I don't think it was an animal. Look over here there’s blood on the trash bins and on the ground. Like someone cut themselves. Do you think someone was trying to break in last night?" Sarah says. "Who would wanna break in here.” I say. “I don’t know but I don’t like it. Not one bit.” She says. “Hey remember last night what I said. I won’t let anything happen to you.” I say “I’d still feel better if we let the police know.” She says “we can call them once we are at work. Let's go or will be late for shift" I say “promise we will call them” she says “I promise” I say kissing her as we head to the car. 

AN: hey guys hope you enjoyed this story. I love writing these two people. I will try and do two updates next week depending on when I work.  As always feel free to vote and comment.