Will you stay with me?

Sarah's pov

It's getting late. I'm so tired. I said good night to my friend connor. And headed down the hall to where I was staying and get ready for bed. I crawl into bed after a long day. A not so fun day. I can't seem to get Joey out of my mind and what he did to me. I'm still sore and have one rib still broken. I decided that I would read one chapter in my favorite book before bed to help me sleep better. After reading I turn out the lights and curl up and drift off to sleep. "Leave me alone. Stop stay away. I told you no. But he kept coming towards me. Get away Joey no, no stop." I yell "No I will never stop I'm around every corner watching you." Joey says. I'm tossing and turning in my sleep. I even somehow managed to kick of the covers. "Stop no. It's not real" I scream "yes it is" Joey says. "No, no, no stop" I scream aloud.

Connor's pov
I was finishing watching TV when thought I heard noise coming from the room Sarah was staying in. She must have gotten up. I ignore it and go back to finishing my show. I glance at the clock and notice how late it was getting. Even though I didn't have to work the next day I still needed sleep. I head to my room which was just across from the room Sarah was in. I quietly get ready for bed as not to wake Sarah if she's sleeping. I turn off the lights and crawl in bed. But I can't seem to sleep. I keep worrying about sarah. She's a good friend of mine but recently I've developed feelings for her. I just don't want her to think that they came about because of her accident. I had feelings for her when she was dating Joey. I just never told her. I turn over trying to get some needed sleep. I managed to get about 30 minutes before I hear Sarah screaming in her sleep. I quickly get up and rush over to her room. I notice her tossing and turning with the covers kicked off. "Sarah, Sarah it's okay wake up it's just a bad dream." I say as I gently shake her.

Sarah's pov
"Wha... what are you doing here." I say in a daze from being woken up. "You were having a bad dream. Screaming in your sleep for help." He says. "sorry if I woke you up" I say embarrassed " don't be sorry I couldn't sleep so I was up. You have a dream about Joey"? He asks " yeah I can't seem to get him out of my mind every time I close my eyes he's there taunting me." I say "it's going to be okay I promise. I know right now it's hard but it will get better. Do you need anything while I'm up?" he asks me. "yeah I could use a glass of water please if you don't mind." I say "not at all. It's no problem, I'll be right back" he says I try and get comfy while he's in the kitchen but I can't. so I sit up in bed and wait for connor to come back with the water. "Here you go." he says "thanks I say taking the glass from him." try and get some sleep. Ill be across the hall if you need me. anything at all just wake me I won't mind." He says as he starts to leave "Connor......umm there is something..... if you don't mind." I ask nervously. "name it. What is it? " he asks "Don't go. Would you please stay with me tonight I don't feel like being alone." I say "sure I'd be happy to" He say as he start to sit in the chair in the corner of the room. "No I mean here with me. Will you just hold me? I don't wanna be alone tonight." I say nervously

Connors pov

"yeah scoot over" I say to her I pull the covers around us. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and she curls up on my chest. She starts to cry in my arms. " how did I let this happen to me I'm so pathetic. He's going to come after me" She says through the sobs. "Hey now, no crying now you are safe and you are not pathetic." I say "He's going to get me I know it I'm not safe" she says " hey you are safe here and when you get back to work we will double the security just for you. I promise I won't let anything happen to you." I say giving her a reassuring squeeze/hug "Look at me I must look like crap. What guys gonna want me now looking like this." She says. "You may not think so now but you look beautiful to me. one day when you least expect it an amazing guy will come along" I say "How do you know that." She asks. "Because you are one amazing woman." I say rubbing my hand up and down her arm. I shift my position a little bit to get more comfy. As I'm doing so she winces out in pain. "I'm sorry did I hurt you?" I ask franticly. "no not at all my rib has just been really hurting tonight nothing you did" she says. "I'll try to be more careful.: I say " you didn't hurt me I promise. She says. "if it still hurts in the morning I wanna take a look at it make sure it hasn't shifted in a bad place. We don't want it puncturing your lung." I say "whatever is best." She says sadly. I sense she is about to cry again. "hey look at me" I say tilting her chin up to me. " you are a strong independent woman. You will get through this. I will be by your side every step of the way. You won't go through this alone." I say. "Connor... " she says shyly. "yeah" I say " Thank you for letting me stay her until the investigation is over." She says. " no problem. It's what friends are for. let's try and get some sleep. We both need it." I say. "Please don't leave" she says as she tenses up on me. " I'll be the whole night I won't leave your side." I say. "Promise" she says. "I promise." I say as I kiss the top of her hair and we drift off to sleep. 

AN: hey all. Hope you enjoyed this story. I will try and do another update on next Friday if i can. I've got a busy week starting a new job soon but i will keep writing when i can for you guys. As always feel free to vote and comment.