Girls Night Out

Natalies pov
Tonight was a well needed night. Sarah and I had just done a double shift it was brutal. Nonstop action in the ED. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. Only good thing was I got to work with Will both shift's and Sarah even got to assist in a surgery with Connor. After our night out with some of the other girls from the ED she and I came back to her place to hang out some more. "How was it working with Connor today in surgery?" I ask her as we are sitting on the couch continuing our girl's night. "It was amazing I learned so much. I can't wait to do more with him he's amazing at what he does." She says all excited. "How was working with Will?" she asks me. "It was good challenging at times but we worked through it. I love being able to work with my boyfriend." I say to her. "yeah I know what you mean. I love that I get to see Connor at work." Sarah says to me with a smile. We continue to chat for another hour or so. "Thanks for a great night out. I think we all needed it" I say taking a sip of my drink. "yeah it was great I know I really needed a girl's night out." Sarah tells me. I look at my watch and see how late it is. "It's getting late. I think I should head home" I say. "Hey why don't you stay in my guest room I have extra night clothes in the top drawer in there?" She says to me. "Sure why not it is late. And to tell you the truth I don't feel like driving home at 1:30 am " I say with a little laugh.
Reese's pov
"yeah driving that late is no fun. And after the night we had I'd feel safer if you left in the morning." I say to her. "That is true I probably shouldn't be driving anyways even if I'm extra careful." She says to me. We get up and walk down the hall, I point to where she will be staying. "Thanks again for a great girls night out. If you need anything just come get me. I won't mind." I say to Natalie as she walks off to my guest room and I head to my room. It was a late night and I offered for her to spend the night so she didn't have to drive. I go get ready for bed then climb in. By the time I crawl in bed its 2 am. I'm lying in bed after the long day when my phone buzzes. It's Connor. I get a huge smile across my face.
C- Hey babe how was the rest of your day after our surgery we did together?
S- it was long. How bout yours?
C- long as well spent the rest of the day mostly doing more surgeries. How was the girls night out?
S- it was good I needed it more than I thought.
C- I miss you. Working that surgery with you and seeing you that 10 minutes after work wasn't enough.
S- awe I miss you too. So much more then you know.
C- maybe we can see each other tomorrow. I don't have work. A little birdie told me you had off too.
S- yes I do have off. that sounds nice what you have in mind.
C-i don't know, anything you wanna do.

It been a while since Sarah had messaged back
C- Sarah you there?
S- yeah sorry I can barely keep my eyes open. I'm so tired.
C- then go to bed sweetheart. I don't mind.
S- but then I won't get to chat with you anymore and I really want to. It be nice if you were here. We could curl up.
C- I know​ but we promise each other a night with friends. One night away will do us some good.
S- I know I'll be fine. Just really miss you that's all.
C- how bout we make a deal. I'll grab Will in the morning and we 4 can go to breakfast. Sound good babe.
S- sounds perfect to me.
C-now go get some sleep sweetheart. I'll see you in the morning. I love you. Night beautiful.
S- I love you too. Night handsome.
I finish texting Connor and put my phone on the bedside table. I turn over and drift off to sleep with a smile on my face.

AN: hey guys so the second half of this story i tried a bit of a different style of writing through texts. not sure if i like it.  let me know what you think. i love feed back. also if you guys have any suggestions on what plot line you would like to have written let me know  i have plenty of ideas in my head but i always love to hear what you guys like. maybe you have a quote you think fits them or a line Connor might say to Sarah or vise versa and i could write a whole story around that.  as always feel free to vote and comment. I will do another update Wednesday or Thursday.