Nap in the Lounge

Reese's pov

I walked in to the lounge and found it empty. I was really glad that it was empty. I was so tired, my feet were killing me. I decided a little nap wouldn't hurt. I walk over and curled up in the corner of the couch in the lounge. All I wanted to do was disappear. It has been a long day with everything seeming to go wrong. I just needed a break from everything. I couldn't take it anymore the stress was getting to me. I had multiple patients getting annoyed with me that I wasn't a fully fledged doctor yet. It seemed like I was running from patient to patient. Plus I had to work in the blood lab which normally would be okay but the people in there kept talking about Joey my ex. I couldn't stand it. I hated Joey and what he did to me. Cheating on me with another intern. I just needed to get out of there. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I remember is being woken up.
Connor pov
I have been in surgery all day. It was a long day. My shift was almost over. I couldn't find Sarah anywhere. "Hey Nat have you seen Sarah she's not in the ED or the lab?" I ask. "Last I saw her she was in the lounge. She looks really tired." Nat says to me. I make my way over to the lounge and stop just short of the door. I find her curled up on the couch sleeping. I watch her for a moment before going in. She looks so peaceful. I quietly enter and gently close the door behind me. I wish I could just leave her sleeping. She hasn't been getting much lately. Works been taking a toll on her more than usual, but we have to get going. I made reservations for dinner. I wanted to surprise her, take her mind off work for a while. She deserves it. I walk over to where she is. I bend over a lightly kiss her forehead. I then kneel down so I'm at her level and gently put my hand on her knees. "Hey sweetheart it's time to wake up" I say rubbing her knees trying not to startle her. "Beautiful we have to get going" I whisper. "huh what...?" She says confused. "I have something planned for tonight a surprise" I say as I go and sit next to her. "How long was I asleep for?" She asks me. "I don't know I've been in surgery. I just got out a little bit ago." I tell her. "so you said you have a surprise for me" she says excitedly pulling me up with her. "I do. Let's go home, change and I'll tell you on the way." I say putting my arms around her waist and pulling her close. "you can tell me now" she says all flirty to me. Nice try but I don't wanna ruin the surprise." I say "fine be that way" she says in a pout. "you know you're cute when you pout" I say as I pull her in for a kiss be for we head off.

AN: hope you enjoyed this. I may doing an update tomorrow with a small chapter i wrote. not sure yet. but I will defiantly post Tuesday. feel free to vote and comment.