Amber

I was downstairs making breakfast when I noticed the time. "Hey you're going to be late let's go. Amber". I yell upstairs. "Alright I'll be right down." She yells down "you won't have time for breakfast if you don't hurry up" I yell back. "It's fine don't need breakfast. I'm not hungry." she says as she walks down the stairs. "uh uh you need breakfast Missy. You know that. No skipping meals. Here's some eggs I made for you." I say as I hand her the plate. "Thanks she says as she sits down at the island table. "I have a meeting about a surgery I'm doing next week so I'm leaving for work early. I trust you will get to the bus on time." I say "yes I'll get to the bus on time." She tells me with a smile. "Good then I've got to go I'll see you when I get home tonight." I say "Sarah coming over tonight?" She asks me as I reach the door. "Yes she is. I planned for us to make pizza with my famous dough. I got to go or I'll be late. I love you. Be good today." I say as I kiss my daughter on the forehead and head out the door. It doesn't take me long to get to the hospital. I love that I only live 10 mins away in traffic. Today was going to be a busy day. The schedule was not packed at all but I had a gut feeling that something was going to go wrong and make it busy. " Hey Maggie" I say as I walk in to the ER. "morning sunshine you're in early." She says to me "yeah surgical meeting" I say to her as I head to the lounge to put my stuff away. "morning babe" Sarah's says to me but I'm to distracted to hear. " Morning" she says again" um yeah" I say with a wave. "Hey everything okay Earth to connor." Sarah says to me. "I'm just feeling off I feel like something bad is going to happen today. That we are going to get really busy." I say. "well babe we do work in an ER it's bound to get buys and bad." She says to me "I know I just can't shake this feeling" I say as I turn towards her. "it's going to be okay. Whatever happens we will get through it. I promise." She says as she leans in and gives me a kiss. "I got to go. I'll pick you up after work love you" I say kissing her back. I then head upstairs to my meeting. "As we see here in the ultrasound the valve will need to be replaced" I say just as my pager goes off. It says incoming in 10 minutes. Just as I'm about to wrap up the meeting. Sarah rushes into the room. "excuse me Dr Rhodes I need to speak with you." She says franticly. "can this wait. I'm almost done." I ask. "Unfortunately no it's urgent" she says "alright guys will do a quick meeting again before the surgery next week. Thanks" I say as I step out of the room. I look at Sarah and she looks panicked. "Sarah what's going on?" I ask "there was a bus collision with an 18 wheeler." She says. "please tell me it's not Amber." I say scared "I'm sorry. But yes she's down stairs." She tells me. I bolt off down the hallway to head down the stairs. I'm rushing as fast as I can as I don't know what condition my daughter is in. "No no I want my Dad. Don't touch me. Where's my dad. I want my Dad. Dad, Dad where are you?" I hear Amber yelling. "Room 2" Maggie says to me as I franticly search the ER for her voice I heard. "I'm here Amber I'm here." I say rushing into her room. She's awake and alert but is pretty banged up. I can easily tell she's got a broken leg. "It hurts dad it really hurts." She cries. "I know sweetheart it's gonna be okay." I say as I walk over and hug her. "let's get her up to surgery. I'm free to do it." I say. As Goodwin walks in. "unfortunately since she's your daughter. You're sitting this one out." Goodwin says. "you have to let me do it." I beg "sorry hospital policy. You know that." She says. "No I need to be in there. She's my everything" I say as Sarah walks in. "Connor she's in good hands. Dr Callahan is the surgeon that will do the surgery" Sarah says to me. "dad what's going on?" Amber asks "everything is fine Dr Callahan is an amazing surgeon. He'll take good care of you. I'll be here when you get out of surgery." I say trying not to cry as I kiss her forehead before they wheel her up to surgery. The room is now empty just me and Sarah. I just stand in the middle of the room frozen solid. "hey she's going to be fine" Sarah says as she comes up and wraps her arms around me. " I told you something bad was going to happen today." He says. "Hey look at me she's in good hands. I told you we can get through anything." She says as she kisses me. "I can't lose her." I cry. "babe you won't lose her. come here let's go to the waiting room." She says as she tugs my hand. "I can't leave. I wanna stay right here till she gets back." I say sadly. "then I'll stay right here with you." She says as she leans her head against my shoulder.

AN: hey guys so here is a story I wrote a while ago that never got published for some reason. I hope you like it. I will try and write another story for next week. All depends on how buys I get at work. As always feel free to vote and comment.