Appendectomy

Connors pov

I was lying in a hospital bed waiting to go up to surgery. Sarah had just walked in with tears in her eyes. She was not doing well with me having surgery. She was really worried for me. "Hey come here." I say with my hand extended. She walks towards me and sits on the edge of my bed. "I'll be fine. I promise. Doctor Downy is one if the best surgeons. You know that." I say to her. She looks even more sad now. "I know, but you going under doesn't make it any easier for me. She says as she takes my hand. "Hey no crying I'll be fine it's a simple operation." I say to her. "An appendectomy is not simple when you have an infection as bad as you do." She says trying to no cry. She looks away as a tears start to fall again. "What do I have to do to prove I'll be alright?" I say as I lift her chin to me and wipe away her tears. "I know there's some operation rooms that let people watch. So let me watch." She says. "no I can't do that. It wouldn't be good for you. You'd be an emotional wreck and you know it." I say she tries to beg me to let her. But I won't have it. I know how she'll be way to emotional. "We can have Nat watch and give you the updates, how does that sound." I say squeezing her hand. "Yeah I guess that will be okay" she says with a sniffle. Doctor Downy come into the room. To discuss what's going to happen. I look over at Sarah, she looks pale and sad. The doctor leaves and April walks in. "so we will get you prepped in about 30 mins. I'll come back then and will get this started" she says to me. "sounds good." I tell her as she walks out. "30 minutes. That's a short time." Sarah says nervously trying not to cry. "But it has to be done they can't wait any longer." I tell her. "hey come lay with me till they take me up. " I tell her as I carefully scoot over. She climbs over from where she was at the end of the bed and lays her head on my chest. She nestles in close to me and holds on for dear life. "You can loosen your grip I'm not going anywhere yet. It's going to be fine. How about when I get released. You can stay with me to make sure everything is okay." I say as she looks up at me. "Really that would make me happy" she says hugging me. We chat a bit more till April comes back in to start prepping me for the surgery. I'm starting to feel the medicine kick in. About 15 minutes later April walks back in. "Hey babe its time" I tell Sarah who is still holding on to me. I gently kiss her forehead. She sits up and give me a kiss as Nat walks in. "we gotta go guys." She says as Sarah gets off the bed. "I know" she says crying. "come here" I tell her as I wrap my hands around her face giving her one last kiss before the wheeled me off upstairs.

Hey guys so this is a story I wrote when I first started the book but never posted it. Its a little short so i was thinking i could do part 2 where Nat brings her updates and she sees connor when he gets out of surgery. hope you all enjoyed this story. i will really try and posted Wednesday or Thursday.