What am I to you?

Sarahs pov
I walked out of the OR feeling defeated. I had to talk to the family. I was dreading it. I found them sitting in the waiting room. They saw me and walked up to me. "I'm sorry there was nothing that could have been done. We did everything to try and save him." I say to the patients family. "You should have saved him. He had his whole life ahead of him. Now nothing. What kind of doctor are you. You were suppose to help him. You should have run more tests." The father says. "I'm sorry we did what we could. Excuse me." I say as I leave the family. I feel so numb. I've lost patients before but not in the OR. This was my first. I was feeling down. I desperately need to get some air. "Dr Reese great job today I know it was hard but keep up the good work" Dr Nyland says walking up to me. "great job how is it a great job when I just lost a patient." I say with an angry voice. "You did your best didn't you" she says to me  "yes" I say "then we did everything we could." She says "but it wasn't enough" I cry out I'm feeling overwhelmed I need to get out of here. I need air. Im running down the hall.  I pass connor who is calling out my name but I don't stop. I keep running to the stairs that leads to the roof.  
Connors pov
"Dr Reese you did everything right." I hear Dr Nyland say to her. "Then he should still be here" Sarah says angrily and turns running down the hall."Sarah, Sarah" I yell  but she keeps on running by me. Dr Nyland start to go after her. "I got it she will be better talking to me. Just let me take care of Dr Reese." I say stopping Dr Nyland. "Okay of you say so" she says. I rush up to the roof and see Sarah standing staring out at the skyline. The next moment she collapse and slides down the wall sobbing, bringing her knees up and wrapping her arms around them. I quickly run over to her side. "Hey don't cry. It's gonna be okay I promise" I say but she pushes me away. "The first one is  always the hardest." I say trying to comfort her. But all she does is sob. I try to comfort her I need to help her see she will get through this. "I could have done something if I had only seen it sooner. It's all my fault. If I had just run one more test" she sobs I try to hold her but she's to angry with herself I can't.  "come sweetheart let's go to my place. It will do you good." I say as I try and kiss her. I can tell she's getting more angry with herself. I hate seeing her like this. "I can't do this anymore I can't handle it." She screams. I grab hold of her in my arms to try and calm her down. "it will be okay just come home with me." I say.
Sarahs pov
"I can't handle it anymore I'm not cut out to be a surgeon." I scream. "It will be okay" connor says as he holds me tight. Trying to calm me down. "We will get through this together. I promise." He says trying to kiss me again.  I try and fight his grip. I eventually get out of it. I wrap my mind around what he's trying to do. It seems to happen a lot. I seem to let him in Every time  I feel down he gets what he wants then he leaves. "Get through this together you have already been through this" I scream "I'm here for you" he says  "convenient for you every time Im down in the dumps" I say angry and confused about us. "What are you talking about?" He asks. "You know what I'm talking about" I say "I don't know what you mean?" he asks "What am I to you. Someone you work with, a friend, or someone you use. What am I? I say standing up looking out at the skyline. I hear connor get up off the floor and walk up behind me. I could feel the energy in the atmosphere change. It was a calm feeling that came over both of us. "you're mine." He says as he wraps his arms around me.  "I'm sorry I've been the way I've been. I'll be better. I will try harder." He says "promise me we will be okay that we can be a normal couple. That we don't have to hide who we are." I say as I turn to face him  " I promise." He says  "I'm all yours then." I say kissing him. "You're all mine. The only one I'll love forever." He says kissing me back. "Come we should finish our shift" I say "wait I wanna make it up to you. Let's go to Molly's after work as a couple." He says with a smile "I'd love that." I say as we head back inside.

AN: hey guys hope you enjoyed this story. I plan on updating again next week sometime. If you guys have any storylines that you would like me to write feel free to leave them in the comments. Love to hear what you guys would like me to write with rheese. As always feel free to vote and comment.