Four Days To Long

Connors pov

I can't open my eyes. I hear someone talking or trying to talk to me but can't see them. All I hear is someone crying. "you have to wake up please wake up for me. " I hear the voice say through the crying. "I-i lo-love you" I barely hear through the sobs. I still can't make out who it is. I try my hardest to wake up but I can't. I don't know what's going on. The crying stops and people are talking then all I hear is beeping.

April's pov
I walk into the room and see Reese still sleeping in the same chair next to the bed. She hears me walk In. "hey when's the last time you ate or even got proper sleep in your own bed." I ask her. She looks like she could use both. "I don't​ know since he's been here." She says as I check Connors vitals. "why don't you go home have a proper meal and get a few hours of sleep." I tell her. "I can't. I can't leave him. What if he wakes up though?" She says in a panic. "it will be fine I promise. You can't let your health deteriorate if you plan on helping Connor get better. You know that." I say to her "Yeah I know but I'm not leaving him."she says to me with a pouty face. " No don't you give me that look" I say to her as I walk in her direction. "I still don't wanna go" she says. "don't care now go I'll call you if he wakes up" I say she gets up and walk out forgetting her jacket.

Connors pov

I don't know how long it's been since the crying stop but I'm now awake. I look around to see I'm in the hospital. I wince in pain. "hey sleepy head. Glad to see you're awake" April says walking into my room. "wh-what happened?"I ask. "you were in an accident. The patient that died on the table. Her husband attacked you on your way back to your car after shift" she says to me. "how ​long have I been in here" I ask groggy "About 4 1/2 days. You were touch and go for a while." she tells me. I look over and see a jacket on the chair next to me. "who's jacket is that?" I ask. "Reese's​. She's been here every day and night. Goodwin gave her off. She wouldn't leave your side. I finally convinced her to go home get a proper meal and a short nap today." She says to me. "Oh" is all I managed to say. "Gotta go hun works calling I'll check on you later" she as she walks out when her pager went off. I'm left there thinking. Huh the crying I heard must have been Reese's. I always secretly had feelings for her. Just never knew she felt the same. Or maybe she just cares as a friend. I hope it's more than a friend. I try and get comfortable but it hurts every inch I move. So I decided on a nap not much else I could do. Plus maybe by the time I wake up she'll be back.

Reese's pov
I walk back in the hospital. I will say a nap and good food was good to have. I still haven't heard from April. I take the elevator to the fourth floor and walk to Connors room. I stop just short of his room and see he's still sleeping. He looks so peaceful. I walk in and take my usual seat. I'm not sitting here long​ when I hear Connor stirring. "Hey" he's says to me. "hi" I say as I got up and sat on the edge of the bed. "You're awake" I say with tears. "Hey I'm fine now I promise." He says to me as he grabs my hand. "I could... I mean we could have lost you. I say through the sobs. "I'm going to be okay. You have to stop crying. Please." He says I try but can't. He carefully scoots over wincing in pain. I get a nervous look on my face. "Come here" he says as he gently pulls me in him. I gently lay my head on his chest. There's this energy between us. We don't even have to tell each other how we feel about it each other. There's this undying connection. We just both know. We are meant to be. As I lay my head on his chest we talk until we are both tired and fall asleep.

AN: hope you all enjoyed this story. It was so fun to write. I will try and update over the weekend may even update twice.  Please feel free to vote and comment.