We will make it

Sarah's​ pov
It was a perfect night for a party except I wasn't feeling it. I was dreading the next day it was the day Connor was leaving in his long journey to help in a hospital over seas. I desperately wanted to go with. But he told me i'd have to stay here. It was for my safety​ and my own good. I tried not to think about it because every time I did I would ball my eyes out. He didn't even know how long he'd be gone. A month maybe 2 or more. But a day with out him felt like my life was ending. He said we could get married when he got back. He promised me the best wedding anything I wanted for it. I told him I just wanted him. Around 7 he came and picked me from our place. He would of been at home but he had a few last minute things to do at Med. "you look beautiful"he says to me as he kisses me. "thanks.i hope I look okay. You know I don't really care for dresses.but I figured since it was your last night and you love how I look in this dress I thought I'd ware it for you" I say with a half fake smile. "hey you look beautiful in anything​ you ware expecialy in dresses. Be confident in yourself." He says to me. "Come we are going to be late. If we don't hurry." I say as we walk out our door. It takes us about an hour with traffic to get there. It's so beautiful a big park all for the workers of Chicago Med. You could even see the skyline in the background. "hey you too glad you could make it. How you holding up." Maggie says as she hugs me. "I'm doing okay will see how I am tomorrow." I say. "I'll be back I'm going to talk to the guys" connor says as he leans in to kiss me. "so how are you really doing?" Maggie asks "I'm an emotional wreck but I'm trying not to show it. I balled my eyes out before connor came home." I says to her as Nat comes up to us. "Open bar ladies. Let's go get something to drink." She say. "Yes a drink will do me some good" I say. The line for the bar was quick. As I finished my drink connor came up behind me. There was music playing and people dancing. I tried to distracted myself by staying in the present moment and not think about tomorrow. Connor pulled me onto the dance floor I don't wanna dance in front of people. But he and I sway to the music. Everything seems to slow down around is and become a blur and it's just the two of us dancing In a space full of people that now feels empty. I lift my head and look into Connors eyes. I can tell he senses something off with me when he asks to go for a walk.

Connors pov
"Talk a walk with me" I say to her as we leave the dance floor and walk along the river. The music is slowly fading the farther we walk. We stop just far enough that we can still hear it but just barely hear it. I turn to face her. "Dance with me" I say to her. "nooo you know I hate dancing in public." She protests with me. She tried to walk away but I pull her in close to me. "Just dance with me frizz?" I whisper lovingly in her ear. The music in the distance is a playing a slow song. We dance back and forth I spin her around a few times. She then lays her head on my shoulder as we sway to the music. With the sparkling lights of the city behind us. It's a magical night expect I sense something is on Sarah's mind. She hasn't quite been herself​tonight. I know she's putting on a brave face. "hey what's wrong sweetheart?" I ask as I tilt her chin up to me. So she's looking at me. She turns away so I don't see her cry. But I hear her sob. "Talk to me frizz please" I gently say. She turns around to face me. "I can't do this. Keep this brave face on when I'm devastated you are leaving me tomorrow." She cries. "No one is expecting you to keep a brave face on. It's tough I know it. But I also know you can handle anything that comes your way including this. We will make it through it. I promise you that. I will try to communicate with you daily some how." I say pulling her into a hug. "It's so hard. Every thought of you leaving I ball my eyes out. I can't stand it. It wasn't suppose to happen." She says. "I know sweetheart but they need me. I have to go. I will be safe. Think of all the good times we will have when we get back and the wedding." I say rubbing circles on her back. She slightly pulls back from me. "why wait" she says. "wait for what?"I ask a bit confused. "the wedding. Why not get married right her right now all our friends are here. It makes perfect sense. I don't wanna wait I can't." She says to me. "if that's what you want then it sounds perfect to me. Let's go tell everyone." I say kissing her forehead. "Really yay this makes me so happy" she cries. "I hope those are happy tears" I joke with her. "oh yeah" she says with a smile. And this time I know it's a really smile.
Sarah's pov
"Maggie Mag's I yell at her with my tear stained eyes as I run up to her with connor. "you okay Sarah. You look like you have been crying" she asks "yeah I have but I'm fine I need your help. Connor and I wanna get married tonight. Here with our Med family." I say looking at connor. "that's great news. What can I do to help." She asks "We need someone to efficiat the ceremony." Connor says "and of course you, Nat and April can be my bridesmaids and Ethan and Will can be Connor's groomsmen" I say. "Goodwin will efficiat and Dr Charles can walk you down the isle." She says to me. "I'll see you down front in a few" connor says as he kisses me one last time as being a couple. Dr Charles walks me down the isle and I see connor smiling the biggest smile. He looks so perfect. "we are gathered here today to unite these two in holy matrimony. Sarah you may go first with vows" Goodwin say. "Connor from the day I met you I new you were the one. It took all my courage just to say hi to you. My so glad I did. My life has never been the same with you in it and I don't ever want that to change. You are my sole mate my one true love always and forever." I say holding back tears. "Sarah Reese. You are the most incredible woman I have met. You saying hi to me was the best thing that happened in my life. We've been through ups and​ downs in life and we will get through anything that gets thrown our way. You are my soulmate and one true love. I love you always and forever." He says to me. "you may now kiss the bride" Goodwin says. "Come here" connor says as he pulls me into the kiss and everything else fades away.

AN: hey guys I'm really sorry i haven't posted in a long while. I had vacation then was sick but I'm back now. Really hope you enjoy this story. As always please feel free to vote and comment. I will try and do another update Wednesday or Thursday.