46 Days 7 Hours and 22 Minutes

Connors pov

I was sitting in the chair next to Sarah's hospital bed. It's been exactly 46 days 7 hours and 22 minutes. We were supposed to have dinner that night. I had to work late. Sarah understood and​ said she loved me and would meet me at the restaurant. It was raining out and another car smashed into hers. By the time the paramedics got to her she was barely alive. On the way to the hospital she fell unconscious. She's stable now but not out of the woods. She's still unconscious. The longer she's unconscious the less brain activity she could potentially have. We also got news that she doesn't even know about if she did she hasn't told me. When they brought her in they did an ultrasound to see if they could find any bleeding but instead of bleeding they found out she was 2 months pregnant. I grab Sarah's hand and held it in mine. I must have drifted off to sleep because I'm woken up by a quite knock at the door. "Have you even gone home at all since she's been brought in almost 1 1/2 months ago" Ethan asks "No I go to work them come straight here and don't leave her side." I tell him. "Maybe its a good idea to go home and rest. He says to me. "No I'm not leaving her" I say annoyed as he leaves. I turn my attention back to Sarah. "babe honey you gotta wake up for me please" I say as I gently kiss her forehead. Nurses came and went checking her vitals all day. It was 2pm when Natalie walks in. "how's our girl doing? Do you need anything. You look like you could use a good night's sleep" she says to me. "Sarah's same as be for nothing new to report. I'm good I don't need anything." I say "connor when the last time you at anything?" She asks "I... I don't​ know​ yesterday I guess." I say. "maybe you should go get something to eat" she says to me. "I can't leave her. It's hard enough having to go to work" I say getting annoyed. "alright at least let me get you something to eat. I'll have the cafeteria bring you up a sandwich" she say. "thanks" Nat I say to her as she walks out. About 15 minutes later the food arrives. I'm not hungry I haven't had much of an appetite lately. So I just pick at the food eating small bites. It hasn't even been an hour since Natalie stopped by when I hear another knock on the door. "You been home yet. You look like crap. You really should go home and get some sleep. It will do you good." Will says to me. "I'm not going home I'm not leaving her side." I yell "alright man" will says "I'm tired of people asking if I've been home to sleep" don't people get it I'm not leaving her side." I yell. "what's going on in here? Goodwin ask coming into the room. "nothing it's all good" I say. "doesn't sound like it to me spill it" she says. "I just wish people would stop asking me to go home and rest. I can't leave Sarah. I just can't." I say holding back tears. "fine but you will get some rest I'm bringing you a tall cot. We will set it up next to Sarah's bed." She orders. " Thank you Mrs Goodwin." I say. It doesn't take long to get the cot set up. It's quite nice. It's the same height as Sarah's hospital bed. After they all left I climbed into the cot next to Sarah. I took her hand in mine. She looked so frail laying there. I just wish she would wake up soon. "babe you gotta wake up. Please. I say. It's getting pretty later at night. I turn on my side so I'm now facing her better. I place my hand on her face, gently rub my thumb up and down her check. "Sweetheart I need you to wake up. We... need you to wake up. Please. This baby needs you to wake up." I cry. I can't lose Sarah, she's my everything. I kept pleading with her to wake up. Telling her the growing baby and need her. I must have drifted off to sleep with my arm gently over her waist when I was awakened by a voice. "What ba..baby? I hear someone say waking me up. I realize its Sarah. She's awake. "your awake babe your awake."I say sitting up in the cot I sat up so fast I almost fell out of it. Once I get my balance back I lean over and kiss her "I heard you say baby what baby?" she asks me. "sweetheart were going to be a family" I say to her with a smile. She smiles and scoots over for me to join her on her bed. Which I do. "I'm pregnant" she says with tears as I wrap her in my arms. "Yes about 2 months pregnant." I say. "Is the baby okay from the accident it has to be okay it has to be." She panics. " sweetheart calm down its not good for you or the baby. The baby is doing great. The accident didn't hurt the baby at all." I say as I stroke her hair to calm her down. She loves when I do that. After the doctor came in and checked her out we sat and talked. " babe I'm getting tired can we get some sleep." she says to me. "sure sweetie" I say I was about to get up and go to the cot when she grabs my arm and stops me. " where you going?" she asks " I thought you'd be more comfy if I was in the cot." I say "uh uh nope I need you here with me. " she says pulling me back down and kisses me. It doesn't take long for us to drift off to sleep in each other's arms. 

AN: Hope you like this story. I love how it turned out. I had this idea in the works for a while and it took forever to finish writing but I finally got it done.  Please feel free to vote and comment. I will try and do another update Sunday or Monday depending on what i get written.