Birthday Dinner

Sarahs pov
My birthday is this weekend. I'm excited even though I have to work. My best friend in the whole world is coming over to make me dinner tonight. He told me I was to sit back and watch him work his magic in the kitchen. He makes the best food. I quickly finish getting ready before he shows up.
Connors pov
Sarah's birthday was this weekend. I wanted to do something special just the two of us. So I'm cooking her favorite meal for her. Steak and roasted potatoes. I was just starting to wrap her present when I got a text message from Sarah. "what time you planning on getting here do I have time for a shower" I message back "yeah I gotta pick something up at the store before I head to your place. So take your time I'm gonna be there in about two hours." "Thanks see you soon" she responds. I finish wrapping her two presents then head to change my outfit. I stop by the store on the way and pick up a bouquet of flowers for Sarah. I love that Sarah and I are such good friends. We are inseparable. I pull up to her apartment. As I get out of the car I grab her presents and flowers from the front seat and the food to cook from the back seat. I make the climb to her apartment which is on the fourth floor.
Sarahs pov
I was sitting on the couch when I hear a knock on the door. I jump up off the couch and open it. "You're here" I yell jumping into his arms. "wow someone's excited." He says. "What I missed you. That a crime." I laugh. "no but you did just see me yesterday at work." He laughs. "Come in make yourself comfortable. You know where the kitchen is." I say as i get out of his arms. "here these flowers are for you." He says handing them to me. "they are gorgeous thanks connor" I say as I smell them. "What's for dinner" I ask as we walk into the kitchen. "well I was planning on making your favorite meal." He says. "yes I was hoping you would" I say excited. I find a vase for the flowers as he starts to make dinner. While he is making dinner we chat about life.
Connors pov
"So how was your date with that guy what was his name luke." I ask her. "haha it was a big fail. The whole date was awkward silence. I think there was a total of 45 words spoken the entire night by him. Needless to say there will not be a second date." She says "well you will find someone one day." I say with a smile. "even if I don't I always have you." She says in a flirty voice. "that is true you will always have me no matter what." I say as I walk around to hug her. "Smells amazing need me to set the table" she says "thanks dinner should be done soon. And no setting the table I told you I would take care of everything." I say to her. I set the table and plate up the food. " Connor this is amazing. You out did yourself." She says as she's eating. "well only the best for you" I say with a smile. So we finish dinner and I clear the table. Sarah was about to get up from the table but I stopped her. "Ah not yet hold on." I say helping her sit back down. "What, what's going on" she asks confused. "just hold on you'll see" I say grabbing the presents from behind the counter. "close your eyes and no peaking" I say as I place the gift bag on the table in front of her. "Happy Birthday" I say excited. "but my birthdays not till the weekend. You didn't have to get me anything. She says. "I know but we both have to work and I want to celebrate just us." I say
Sarah's pov
Connor hands me the gift bag. "open it" he says. I pull out one of the gifts. It's a photo of the two of us from our star gazing adventure put into a silver frame. "I remember this night it was freezing" I say ""yeah I lent you my jacket that you still seem to have." He laughs " well it looks better on me anyways" I laugh.
I pull out the last gift and start to unwrap it. It's a small black jewelry box. I carefully open it. I immediately start to tear up at the gift bringing my hands to my face. It's an infinity necklace with the words forever and always twisted in cursive in the medal. "It's beautiful connor I love it." I cry. "Here let me help you put it on" he says. I pull back my hair for him to put it on me. Once he does I turn around and give him the biggest hug crying into his shoulder. "I mean it too I will always be here for you. We are friends till the end." He says as he pulls me out of the hug. "Thanks that means a lot." I smile. "hey movie time. I picked up a few you pick the one to watch." he says handing me them. "um let's do this one the action packed comedy." I say pulling out the movie. I plop it in the player and we settle in on the couch.
Connors pov
Sarah had just put on the movie. We climbed up on the couch and got comfy. I pulled Sarah Into my arms as I always do when we would watch a movie together. It just felt right her being in my arms. I loved it. "what do you say to some popcorn?" I ask her halfway through the movie but I get no response. I look down to see her sleeping in my arms. I debated to move her to her bed or finish the movie. I decided on the movie just because I loved seeing her sleeping on me. She looks so peaceful. After the movie was over I carefully carried her to her bed and laid her down in it. "Happy Birthday Sarah" I whispered as I kissed her goodnight on her forehead then went to rest on the couch.