0:07 the truth sucks

//~and so do the lies//

"You know Archie, pictures do last longer." Jughead shoulder bumped the ginger haired boy, when he noticed how intensely he was staring at Y/n.

"What are you talking about? Don't make me regret allowing you sit with me today."

"Oh the threats!" Jughead fake cried," admit you like her!"

"What are we talking about?" Betty Cooper asked sitting down alongside the new girl, Veronica Lodge.

"Oh nothing, just how deep in love Archie is with Y/n." Jughead shrugged casually.

"Y/n L/n? I have her in Chemistry." Veronica spoke up turning around simultaneously with Betty to look at you.

"Yeah, something Archie here feels with her." Jughead continued to tease.

Archie simply glared at Jughead and continued to ignore him.

"In all seriousness, how difficult is it to admit your feelings to her?" Betty asked once she gave her full attention to her best friend.

"I don't know, how difficult is it for you and Jughead to admit your feeling towards each other?" Betty and Jughead were quick to become red and nervous, Archie rolled his eyes and continued,"exactly, it's hard to admit anything because I don't know how she feels."

"You have to take initiative..." Veronica mumbled.

"Yeah." The other two friends agreed.

"Here's what we'll do, we can invite her to go to the dance this weekend," Betty suggest pointing at herself and Veronica,"and you can ask her to dance?"

Jughead patted Archie's shoulder and encouraged him.

"Fine." Archie huffed.

"Wait really?" Veronica questioned surprised.

"Yeah, I can do this." Archie confirms to his friends with a smile.

Betty clapped and excused herself saying she'd ask you right then.

You sat in your usual lunch table surrounded by the pussycats since they were your friends for years and you were their professional photographer. Your h/c was tied up in a ponytail (your usual style) and you dressed casually, so you were completely unaware  that you could cause the handsome Archie Andrews, a funny feeling in his stomach.

"Excuse me, y/n?" A familiar voice spoke, tapping you. You turn around, realizing it was Betty and you smiled up at her.

"Yeah?" Betty signaled you that she had to tell you something in private so you told the girls you'd be back and followed the blonde teen.

"Sorry to bother but, would you accompany me and Veronica to the dance this weekend?" She nervously smiled while appearing to be tense.

"Sure." Betty visibly relaxed and smiled behind you. You allowed curiosity to take over and turned to see who she was looking at. You first saw an awkward looking Veronica, a grinning Jughead and finally a blushing Archie.

"We'll pick you up at seven!" Betty cheered snapping you out of your trance and you just nodded.

3rd person point of view :

The night of the dance had come and everyone was getting ready to have a good time. Betty went for a subtle style and wore a pink dress while Veronica wore a pretty black dress, they both finished getting ready and went to pick up Y/n.
When they arrived at her house, they never expected to see the conservative teen wear a (color of your choice + length of choice) dress, with her hair curled loosely down her back and makeup done simple yet beautiful. Saying she looked gorgeous was an understatement. Betty grinned widely and felt like crying at the sight of the beautiful girl, while Veronica settled to just a smile.

"Come on, we'll be late." Betty called to Y/n.

Wow. The gym had become a wonderful masterpiece, and it took you only a few seconds to realize that Cheryl was probably the one who helped decorate. You wished you had your camera in that moment, but you couldn't bring it even if you wanted to. The girls excused themselves at the same time that someone tapped your left arm from behind.

"Ye- oh Archie. Um, hi.." you awkwardly said.

"You look breathtaking, Y/n."

"Thank you...you too." You mentally slapped yourself at how dumb you sounded but Archie didn't seem to mind.

"May I have this dance?" He asked

"You may." Placing your arms around his neck, he grabbed your waist tightly and swayed at the slow rhythm,of the music.

~•~
Little did these two know that a few feet away three teens were watching, oh and also their friends...

"This will be fun." Cheryl grinned

"Would you like us to invite them and their friends to your party later?" Her minions questioned smirking.

"Of course.."