0:32 "you left" (devotion pt.2)

"Betty, can you look away for a second. Allow him his privacy." You mumble, at an anxious looking betty.

"Sure, I will bring water." She meekly nods, the tears drying against her skin.

Jughead
Y/n,
You are my friend and by now, I'm sure she told you what happened. I can't lose you too. I need you. Please?

You
I will not sugar coat anything. She is not okay, like she is in pain. I will be here for the both of you. Can you talk to her? Face to face? Over text would be childish and petty from you. I believe you will do the right thing. Allow her some closure.

Jughead
Ok. I knew I was hurting her, don't worry I have made my final decision. I will tell her where we stand. You at her place?

You
Yeah. Please do not break my best friend, you promised you wouldn't from the start.

Jughead *message saved as draft*
Promises are meant to be broken..

"Y/n, I brought the water." Betty called , her voice seeming close to the door to her room.

"Great." You respond, approaching her with a smile, and grabbing a glass of water.

Betty was giving you this look, like she was expecting something in return.

"Thank you?" You question, at her weird expression. Betty rolled her eyes, and directed her finger to your other hand, where your phone was.

"Oh, he is coming over." You say like it is nothing.

Betty spits out her water, and raises her brows, tears brimming her eyes.

"I am not ready to confront him, Y/n. Did he want to, or did YOU ask him to?" She emphasized the you, which made you flinch.

"No, he just wants to clear things up."

Right on cue, someone knocks the front door. You pick up all your belongings and dash down the stairs.

"Y/n!!!" Betty yells. Her panic obviously laced in her voice.

"You HAVE to get closure. You got this best friend." You assure, nodding at her once you had your hand wrapped around the door knob.

Betty nods back, so you open the door.

"Jughead." You greet. He looks up at you, his eyes red. Oh boy, the tension was so clear you had to leave the house - quickly. You turn to look at Betty once more and wave bye, at the both of them and dash out the front door. Home never seemed like a better escape than now.

♡°♡°♡°♡°

Betty's POV

"She ran away quickly." He whispered, his beautiful smile slightly appearing. However, it disappeared once he locked the door and looked at me. We made eye contact for less than five seconds, but that was enough for me to get lost in them.

"Jughead, do you actually want to talk?" My hand wrapping around the staircase where I stood.

"I guess, but can we uh sit?" He avoided to look at me.

I nod eagerly, feeling tired of standing. We sit down, opposite of one another on the couches.

"Have you been avoiding me?" He only nods.

"Why...?" My voice cracks and he notices.

We sit there in silence, the only noise heard was his shoes thumping on the floor, and his hands smacking his knees. He was anxious too.

"I only have hurt you in the relationship, which is the last thing I wanted. I caused you pain!" He finally cuts the silence, his tone raising, which informed me he wasn't okay. I saw tears brim his eyes, and I am sure he could see my own tears.

Not being able to help myself, I rush towards the couch where he sat and scooted next to him. He acknowledged me finally, but looked away almost immediately. "Is this okay?" I ask holding his trembling hand. I needed to calm him. He stared at our hands and the tears in his eyes became more visible. He loudly sighed through his nose and shook his head. I felt like I was making him uncomfortable so I let go.

"What really pains me is that you left. You left after telling me you wouldn't." I mutter. Jughead, rolls his eyes and completely avoids any contact with me.

"I don't want to leave, but I can't stay. You told me I wasn't the same guy you fell in love with. I love you Betty. I'm sorry, things didn't go the way I wished for."

"So, this is it? You don't even want to fix things or start over? I am trying here, Juggie." He visibly tenses at the nickname I gave him.

"I am sorry."

"No, you left so quickly I doubt you intended to stay. You say you cared about me and loved me, but I am not so sure anymore. I love you, Jughead."

"My decision isn't because I don't care, I do care and love you, Betty."

"Stop. Stop caring about me. You should just forget me, forget us." I cry, my body shaking.

"I won't and can't stop caring, Betty."

"I am asking you to do so."

"I don't forget that easily."

"Don't make me feel like I am worth something. Drop the cheesy compliments." I attempt to laugh.

"I am sorry Betty."

"I am sorry to." I sigh, finally being able to breathe properly. I stand up and point at the door. Signaling Jughead to exit, my vacant home.

Jughead avoids looking at me and nods silently, a single tear falling down his right cheek- but he wipes it off rapidly. I open the front door, and he exits my house, the way he decided to exit my life.

"You will forget me soon." I whisper, leaning against my door.

Ding

I hear my phone ding from the couch and lazily walk towards it. I grab the electronic device and sigh sadly, when it isn't from him.

Y/n :))
B, how did it go??