0:35 hidden [requested]

Requested by the lovely: xxnetflixandchillx

A/n- thank you once again for such a beautiful request. I love bringing your imaginations to life. You all are so creative.

Trigger warning: suicide attempt
I could have done something. My best friend since the first grade would still be alive. Her fiery personality and gorgeous red hair, would continue to thrive in Riverdale, if only I was there enough.
Cheryl was great at hiding her emotions, however, when it came to Jason; She completely shut me out. The sleepovers, dinners at her place, and milkshakes at Pops ended- which completely distanced me from her. Archie, Betty, Veronica, and Jughead were there for me and Cheryl , but after some time; there was no point. You can only help a person so much when they don't want any form of support.

*flashback : three days ago*

"Well look at you, you beautiful ray of sunshine!" Veronica laughed, her eyes crinkling at the corners when she smiled towards you.

Archie and the rest of the gang asked for you to meet them at Sweetwater River, claiming that they missed your usual happy self.

"You are glowing!" Betty commented from her seated position.

"I mean, it is freezing cold so..." you answer with sarcasm.

"Ah there she is!" Jughead chuckled.

"As you know, I will be singing a song later for the town. I want you to hear it, you mean a lot to us Y/n."

"-and I brought cookies." Betty smiled.

"Thanks guys." You gush, feeling so special.

Archie had finished his song that was dedicated to you and the rest of his friends. You had a bit of tears threatening to spill, until you saw Veronica; a look of confusion on her face.

"V, what is it?"

Veronica avoided Betty's eyes and looked into yours.

"Cheryl." She breathed. You reacted quickly, by snatching her phone.

Cheryl
Thank you & the rest of the gang for trying to help me. Tell y/n i love her.

"What the hell does this mean?!" You cry, rushing to your feet.

Jughead picked up the phone and his reaction to the message did not sit well in his stomach.

"A goodbye. Where would she go to escape all the pain?" Jughead asked frantically.

"Here."

"With Jason." Tears began to flow down your face and ran towards the river, exiting the forest.

"Cheryl!!" You yelled. Soon all you heard was her name being yelled, which made your chest hurt.

"Right there!" Betty pointed towards a trembling red head. She was wearing that white dress.

"Cheryl, stop!" She heard your voice and it felt like home.

Cheryl looked up at you, her face mirroring yours- frozen tears. You had to get to her, your forgotten best friend. "I am sorry! Come back here." You scream.

Cheryl looks at you with a small smile, little did you know it would be the last time you saw her lips form into that beautiful smile of hers.

You run towards her, but Archie chased you down. You heard him scream, "the ice is too thin, it will break!"

However, all sound was blocked out when you saw her sink into the ice.

"NO!" Your voice breaking from how hard you were yelling. You could feel your lungs igniting and the pain was beyond unbearable.