0:10 the truth sucks pt.2

"Y/n-" Archie whispered, breathing heavily onto my exposed neck. He was cut off by an annoying voice.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything losers, but you are both invited to Cheryl's after party. Don't worry, your other friends are also invited." One of Cheryl's minions laughed.

I stared into Archie's gorgeous eyes and hoped he'd answer. He squeezed my sides and agreed to going.

"It could be our first date, beautiful."

"A date? And at Cheryl's house?" I interrogated, chuckling.

"Bad choice, but we will have fun and maybe we could plan a real date?" He shyly suggested.

"I'd love that Archkins." I giggled at the use of his nickname and bopped his nose. He simply stared at me like I was the last fragile star in the sky, and kissed my forehead.

"Let's keep dancing."

Nodding shyly, I followed his lead.

•••

Every one of Archie's friends sat in the couch, including the football team when we arrived at the after party.

"Finally, you guys are late." Cheryl snarled.

"We had to go get gas." Archie commented.

"Whatever, you're here now so how about we play a game?" Cheryl smirked. I began to feel uneasy and gripped Archie's shoulder. Betty called me over and I sat next to her, where she whispered I didn't have to worry.

"What game?" Veronica finally spoke since we arrived. (You and Archie)

"Seven minutes in heaven." You shook your head not wanting to be stuck in a closet with just anybody.

"Oh come on Y/n loosen up." Cheryl rolled her eyes. I sighed through my nose and everyone else including Archie and Jughead, agreed to play. Cheryl clapped her hands and grabbed an empty champagne bottle. At this point Archie had sat next to me and was attempting to relax me saying that he hoped he could get me.

"Who volunteers to go first?"

"Me." Veronica raised her hand playfully and ignored Betty's small glare. She spun the bottle harshly and we all got closer to see who would be entering the doomed closet with her.

"Archie, the hunk, you'll be entering seven minutes in heaven with Veronica." Cheryl exclaimed sounding pleased. Archie did a double take and averted his eyes to Veronica who was looking at the floor with a small shy smile playing on her face. Archie looked into my eyes and I smiled weakly leaning into Betty, not wanting to witness this any longer. Cheryl groaned and grabbed the pair forcefully, pushing them inside this closet. The jocks cheered Archie on, while Betty and Jughead whispered sweet nothings to me so I could forget what was going on. How could I though? The guy I had fallen in love with a year and five moths ago with a day today, was inside a closet with a girl who was possibly feeling something for him as well. The way the other two looked at me made me feel I was correct. Cheryl clapped her hands in front of me and said with venom," Oh darling Y/n, you went all out for this boy who obviously is having the time of his life inside that closet," she points at the closet with her manicured finger," I must admit you look decent or even stunning today, but you can't win it all." Not taking this abuse from queen bee here, I stood up to her and slapped her right across the cheek.
"You disgust me Cheryl. I hope you are happy, his heart is beating inside that closet while mine is breaking." I hadn't realized I was crying until Jughead and Betty ran to my side and pushed Cheryl away, who wanted to cry from the slap.

"He likes you." His two friends blurt out.

"I thought so too, but it's obvious I'm not good enough." I grab my purse and run outside heading home.

Meanwhile in the closet
"Veronica, this is wrong."

"Is it Archie? I want you, I like you. She doesn't have to know." Veronica whispered in a seductive voice, finally she had him to herself , the attractive guy she was developing feelings for.
(A/n: I feel so bad for writing this, I love Veronica)
Cocking his head to the side, Archie leaned into Veronica and kissed her with so much passion. They pulled apart suddenly when they heard a slap followed by a raised voice. Veronica pulled Archie back into a kiss and he chose to ignore the sound and followed what Veronica wanted. The soft lips, the warm breath, it was there for Archie the passion as well, but not the butterflies Y/n gave him. The memories of the night flowed into his mind and he had to pull away from the beautiful girl leaning against him. Not even five seconds later, Reggie unlocked the door and urgently said," Y/n left, she isn't okay. I was rooting for this to happen,but she seemed so broken." Behind Reggie was Jughead and Betty, who had realized that the two had actually done something and covered her mouth. How could they? Betty shook her head at the two and led Jughead outside with her.

Reggie continued," she even slapped Cheryl. I don't even know if you should go looking for her, she has given up on you from what it seems."

"Archie, you felt something in that kiss. Don't leave me." Veronica pleaded grasping Archie's hand.

"Archie, what will you do man?" Reggie asked his friend as he looked at the raven haired girl, Archie himself, and the house entrance where Y/n had exited and vanished.