0:37 beauty in kindness [requested]

Request by : faiththefangirl

Request: jughead & I have been dating for a year and I am supposed to meet him at pops for dinner, but I come in crying because my dad started drinking again so Jughead calms me and takes me to the drive in to watch my favorite movie.

A/n: y/f/n = your father's name

Warnings - some fluff maybe & alcohol
Read at your own risk my loves 🌻

Juggie 💓
Princess, we still on for pops at 7?

You
Of course, it is our one year anniversary dinner, beanie. Why would I want to miss that?

Juggie 💓
See you in a few then, angel. <3

Smiling at the nickname Jughead gave you, you shut off your phone and enter the closet where you would grab an outfit. Being with a guy like Jughead for a year now, has been pure ecstasy- a dream come true. Cheesy right? Well it hasn't all been easy. It was hard becoming a couple after all the drama occurring in Riverdale and worrying about how your friends would react. After a while though, when Veronica became your best friend, she united you both saying that the connection between you two was indescribable. You thanked your lucky stars for Veronica because she helped unite you with such a beautiful person- inside and out.
A loud thud coming from downstairs disrupted you from your happy thoughts.
"What in the world?" You mumble

"Y/f/n!! Why again?" You hear your normally calm mother shout from the living room.

You drop the dress you planned to wear, and kept your sweats and hoodie on. Running down the stairs, you speed into the living room, where you see your dad stumbling to your terrified looking mother. You watch horrified as he lifts up his arm, that is when you knew for a fact he had relapsed.

"Don't!" You shout, shaking.

"Y/n!" Your mom ushers, not wanting you to get hurt.

"What did you say?! " he screams, allowing his arm to fall back at his sides.

" do not hurt my mother! You promised you would never go back to that!" You accused.

"Promises are meant to be broken..." he slurs, finally looking at you in the eyes. You catch his gaze, and you begin to sob when you stare back at his blood shot eyes. It had been almost a year, since you stared into those eyes.

"Y/n, go." Your mom orders. You tear your gaze away from your father and stare at your mom in shock. Does she really think you would leave her alone with this beast? Yeah, beast, he was not your father...your father had gorgeous e/c eyes, and a wide smile. The beast had red eyes, and a smirk played on his lips.

"No."

"Jughead." That is all it took. His name and guilt flooded your veins.

" I can not leave you." You plead your mom, who was now in front of you, while the beast was facing your back.

"Go, I will be fine."

"No."

"Get the hell out!!" He yells.

"Shut up, do not talk to me like that! YOU FAILED ME, YOUR DAUGHTER." you yell, the veins on your neck popping out and your head pounding.

Normally he would have slapped you, but he just stood there. Then, he raised his hands, you felt your mom hug you, but he did nothing; he just looked at his hands. He was realizing what he did or at least what he thought of doing. You notice the practically empty bottle of whiskey on the counter behind him and rush towards it. You grab the bottle and raise it up, the whole world is spinning when you drop it and hearing the shattering noises echo through the silent household. Your mom ignores his tantrums and grabs your arm.

"My daughter and I will wait until y/f/n returns. Goodbye!" Your mom opens the front door and pushes you towards the car.

"Mommy..." you begin once you two are on the road.

"I am taking you to pops. I need to think about stuff."

"Mo-" you didn't argue anymore and allowed the tears to over take you.

"When did things go wrong? Why did he do it again? Does he not realize I feel empty when he does that? The light he brought to the house faded out today and I hate that." You spit out everything that clouded your mind.

"You have no blame to his actions. He locks us both out when he relapses, I am sorry for not providing you answers. You will not enter that broken home anymore, next time you do... things will be better."

"I love you." Is all you are able to say.

"I love you. Now go to Jughead, I will be at Veronica's, okay?" Your mom and Veronica's mother were also best friends, who knew everything so you understood why your mother was headed to your best friend's place.

You stare outside the window, noticing the bright Pops sign almost immediately. You attempt to smile through the tears at your mom and exit the car. You wait till your mom leaves to walk towards the diner. When you notice an anxious Jughead, you run inside.

"Y/n? Why are you crying?" You enter his open arms and oh my did it feel like home- your safe place. Not wanting to create a bigger scene you whisper into his shoulder," my dad drank again."

He nods as he leads you out the door. Once outside, in the cool air you repeatedly apologize.

"Sorry I was late. Sorry I am not dressed for this special occasion. Sorry I ruined our one year anniversary, I wanted it to be perfect."

"Imperfection is beautiful. You ruined nothing y/n, family shit happens, trust me I get it. Sorry, he caused you this pain. However, nothing could take away my happiness from being a year with the most caring person in the world. I love you." Jughead had a way with his smile and words that always eased you when you were down. However, you cried again when he told you the phrase that many take for granted. 'I love you.' You guys have never said I love you to one another because of the trust issues you both had with that word. Both of your fathers told you those same words but they would hurt you by drinking. With Jughead it was different, you knew he meant it, and you loved him too.

"I love you, Jughead Jones." You smile, kissing his cheek. He smiled his signature smile and said," how about I take you to the drive-in to watch [your favorite movie]? I need to see the girl I love, smile her breathtaking smile."

"Of course, beanie."

🌹🌹🌹

Halfway through the movie, after many hugs and kisses and popcorn tubs- you finally decide to ask Jughead what had been bothering you.

"Juggie, the whole movie till now you having been sneaking stares in my direction.. do I have something on my face? Do you regret telling me those three words?" Jughead averted his gaze from the big screen and held your hand tighter.

"Y/n, I do love you. I do not regret telling you those three sacred words, I have no reason to. Although I do appreciate the beauty of cinematograpghy, I have an even more gorgeous masterpiece right next to me- that I would rather stare at."

"There is such a beauty in your kindness. I love you too Jughead Jones. Thank you for being my safe place."

"No, thank you for allowing me to be here for you. I always will be here, for as long as you allow me to."

"Happy one year anniversary, Jones." You sigh looking back at the movie, and laying your head on your boyfriend's shoulder.

"And many more to come." He replies, staring at you without you knowing. God, you were so breathtaking in his eyes.