0:39 confessions [requested]

Requested by WriterGirlme

  "Jughead, are you done with the mystery article yet?" You joke at the raven haired boy.

"No. Remind me why you decided to join the blue & gold again?" He answered sarcastically.

"Hm maybe because I enjoy writing." You roll your eyes, slightly hurt because of the darn feelings you felt for him. You liked Jughead- a lot and the saddest part of having a crush for someone is dealing with the pain that they may not feel the same- ever. He was your best friend so you actually have gotten used to the sarcastic humor of his but somehow it still affected you.

"Ignore him y/n, he has been stressed lately." Betty comforted you as she grabbed her belongings ready to head to lunch. "I'll be with the group, come eat when you are done." She tells you and Jughead

"K." Jughead answers, typing away at the computer.

You ignore him and nod your head at Betty. She makes her way to the school cafeteria, while you shut off your laptop and begin packing your bag so you can join the group.
You had been the new girl last year and it was very hard getting to know Riverdale High school especially due to the murder of Jason Blossom. Luckily, you were quick to make a group of friends which were: Kevin Keller, Betty Cooper, Veronica Lodge, Archie Andrews, Cheryl Blossom, and of course- Jughead Jones (the third). You were grateful for each and every one of them, especially Betty who pushed you to write for the blue & gold since writing was your passion.
Jughead wasn't close to you at all until you joined the blue & gold, he became your mentor which brought you two closer. Now he was just your best friend.

"Y/n, can you meet me after school please? I need to give you something."
Jughead asks you, finally looking up from his laptop.

"Sure." You smile and wave at him as you make your way to the cafeteria.

* * *

"Crap!! AP English will be the death of me. Where is Animal farm  in this darn library?!" You mutter under your breath while reaching over once more to look for the book.

"Congrats." A girl from your class says as she passes by you.

Huh?

"You are so lucky!" Another girl pops out of nowhere.

Confused, you decided to exit the school library.

"Oh my gawd!! Beautiful! You won the jackpot!" Kevin beams as he approaches you.

"What are you talking about Kev?" You laugh nervously.

"Y/n! We have been looking all over for you!" Veronica and Betty yell with excitement. You take a step back when you notice the whole group is right in front of you- well everyone except juggie.

People that you don't even know begin to clap and congratulate you.

"What is going on?" You ask Archie, feeling very uncomfortable.

"Here." He smiles gently, handing you a piece of newspaper. It was a blue & gold article...

As you took the piece of paper, the school bell rung letting you know school was over. Cheryl screeched, and alongside the rest of your friends ushered everyone in the halls to leave.

"Wait for Jughead." Betty instructs you.

"Why?" At this point you were beyond confused. You were definitely not used to all the attention.

"Read the article." Veronica winked towards your anxious self.

And as you watched the halls slowly empty out, you began to read the article that you held in your shaking hands.

Blue & Gold Readers,
I apologize for this not being your usual informative article on our "beloved" town. This piece is dedicated to the girl who makes this town shine bright with her beautiful personality and smile. There are people you will meet in your life, that will make you want to be a better version of you... they will inspire you. Y/n L/n is one of those people to me.
She makes me wake up and go to sleep with a smile on my face.
Having her at the blue & gold office, is enough to fuel my passion for writing.
She makes me want to be a better version of myself, she is why I am alive and heading down the right path in this crazy adventure called - life.
I have fallen in love with my best friend.
Here I am telling you all and confessing my emotions to her.
So hey y/n... I love you...
I know I have been very moody lately with you, I can tell it affects you. Don't think I didn't notice you frown just now as I didn't walk with you to the cafeteria..
I am sorry for that and I apologize if  y doing this I mess it all up.
Now, beautiful, can you look up?
[P.s readers by now you should be out of school... I wish to be alone with y/n .. thank you]

Tears filled your eyes as you looked up to a very very nervous looking Jughead...

"So..." he began to say as he scratched the back of his neck.

"I am so sorry Jughead. I can't be with you... I don't feel the same, I like Reggie." You say..

[A/n - haha do NOT kill me this was actually a requested part ]

Jughead stared at you absolutely upset and confused.

"Reggie!! You hate that guy!?"

"I know, because I only love one boy. I love you Jughead, only you."

"Wait what?" He chuckles nervously.

"I was just getting you back for your behavior earlier today. I love you Jug."

"You do?"

"It was impossible to not fall in love with my best friend. You are the reason I am the best version of myself as well." You inform him.

"I love you too." He sighs in relief and opens up his arms for you.

Giggling you accept his embrace and squeeze him tight .

"Thank you."

"For?"

"Everything."