Chapter 10: Say yes

It was late in the afternoon my mom finally convinced me to eat lunch, I rushed upstairs and changed, I wore a black high waist shorts and a red and white stripes tank top. I got my skateboard under my bed and went to my mother's room.

"Mom, im going out for a skate" I told her.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" my mom asked.

"Yes Its been almost a week, and Im sure there wont be any scattered rocks on the park" I snickered.

"Okay be home early okay?" She said while pulling me into a tight hug

I pulled off and headed outside, I rode my skateboard and headed to the park. I passed by Cody's house and saw him sitting in the frontyard, I heard him calling me but I pretended I didn't hear anything.

I finally arrived at the park and there were so many children playing, laughing, running. I bought a double scoop icecream and sat in a bench facing the lovely small pond. I grabbed my Iphone and took a picture of my icecream and posted it on twitter.

A couple of mins later after I had finished eating my icecream, I heard a male voice behind me

"Hey" he said.

I turned around to see cody rubbing the back of his head i knew he was ashamed of himself. I didint replied and gave him a confused look.

"Can we talk?" He said while slowly sitting beside me.

"You dont owe me anything Cody, If you want to kiss her and go-" I was about to explain him things when he interrupted.

"What I felt the very first day I saw you was true, I know you feel the same way Kaitleen, I can feel it. I like you, I do. Alot. and what happened earlier were all her plans to push you away from me, she knew you were going to be there. I know i had to do something when she kissed me but her hands were locked on my head forcing me to kiss her more, I-I dont know what to do Im sorry I should have known its all my fault im sorry" His tears were forming at the edge of his eyes, He took my hands and brushed them on his face.

"Cody.. I didn't know, Im sorry" I came closer to him and hugged him tight, I quickly pulled away and asked him "Hey we shouldn't do this in public the paparazzi might be here"

He chuckled and wipe the tears in his face "so you had an amnesia i see? you forgot this the most peaceful subdivisions in America"

I smiled at him, I am just so happy to have an amazing boyfri- wait . he's not yet my boyfriend

"Hey can i make it up to you?" He asked.

I giggled "Yes sir but how?"

"Just wear something beautiful tonight, I'll pick you up at 8:00pm" He paused "Oh and dont eat dinner yet okay?"

I said okay and we both went straight home. 

I looked at the time and i had to 2 more hours to prepare for our date. I took a bath a wore a nice pink and black floral dress. I curled my hair and half pony tailed it. Next I had to do my make up, I decided to look a little bit natural. I put on a little face powder, mascara and a pink lipgloss.

I looked at the mirror and finally I was ready. 

"Kaithleen! Cody is here hunny" My mom was shouting on top of her lungs

"Coming" I said.

I was wearing my white 3-inches heels, I dont want to trip over and break my neck so I slowly walked downstairs. I was looking at my foot and didn't see Cody was starring at me. I looked at him and smiled. I love the way he dressed, he was wearing a Navy Blue polo and his everyday black jeans, Oh and his white shoes matches the whole outfit. I gave my mom a goodbye hug and she said have fun.

Cody handed me a blindfold "Its a surprise, just trust me okay?" He explained.

He lead my way out our door, I could sense that he is taking me to their backyard not so fancy but full of efforts.

He finally removed my blindfold but I cant see a thing. 

"Cody... baby please turn on the lights I cant see anything" I said.

He chuckled and seconds later the lights turned on. The place was so amazing it had hanging yellow lights above the swimming pool, floating candles and rose petals on the water, And the most amazing part of it is he made a little island in the middle of it.

"Cody this is amazing!" I whispered it in his ears and hugged him tight

"Just like you.." He leaned in forward and kissed me, this time not in the cheeks or forehead but in the lips. His soft baby pink lips pressed against mine, it was the most-amazing-time-stopping moment for me.

He finally pulled away. "Um.. lets eat?"

"Yeah" I nervously said. 

He sat infront of me while the hired waiter handed our foods. For dinner we were eating white pasta and a very cruncy garlic bread. The waiter also served us strawberry shakes. While eating Cody and I had a small talk.

"umm. kaithleen?"

"yes?"

"Are you and Justin still together?"

I wipped my lips and answered his question "No, we broke up almost 2 weeks ago"

"Good"

I was weirded by his answer so i asked him "What do you mean by good ey!?"'

"I-I mean, you know all this cute blushes weve been going through would probably go to waste if ever you were still with justin.."

I smiled at him. "I wouldnt even go on a dinner with you right now if i had a boyfriend silly"

We both laughed out loud. Then finally the waiter came in to take our plates and give us our desserts.

The lights once again turned off. Oh my gosh did i do something? I cant see a thing

"Cody.. Codyy.."

But no one was answering, I'm Afraid i might fall into the pool and drown.

"Cody stop kidding please im scared" Still no signs of cody.

"AHHHHHH!" I screamed out loud like a cast in a horror movie. Someone suddenly holded my hand. 

"shhh..." cody said.

"cody.. im scared why did the lights turned off?" i whispered.

*Thug thug*

The lights finally turned on and I saw cody kneeling on the side of me and across the pool was Cody's Family and My Mom with my bestfriend. Everyone was holding a paper when you read it all together it says: Will you be my girlfriend

I looked at Cody's eyes and pulled him up at holded his hands tight

"YESSS!!!" I screamed. 

We hugged each other tight and everyone was cheering. What an amazing guy Cody is, and now i cant believe he's my boyfriend <3