Chapter 27: Campfire story

REMEMBER: there will be new characters in this story and they are Claire (The Flirt) , Amy &Gina(Not much Role), Gabe (The gay one), Todd (the one who has a crush on kaithleen). They are all co-workers of kaithleen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up around 10 in the morning, I could hear laughters on the dining area, but I took a shower first before joining them. I wore my Yellow spaghetti strap sun dress and white flip-flops.

I headed to the dining area to see what was all the laughters about.

"Hi Kaithleen" Todd said giving me a huge smile

"Hi everyone, whats going on?" I said pulling a chair next to Todd.

Cody was looking at me, I know that he was a bit jealous, but instead I ignored him.

"OH!" Todd Exclaimed, he stood up and headed to the fridge. I wasn't sure what it was all about.

He came back with a bowl of fruits and a glass of milk, He placed it infront of my and said "Breakfast is served" I'm a bit confused why is he acting up so nice?

"Thanks...Todd?" I looked at everyone on the table, they were all smiling and giggling except for Cody.

I was about to dig in the fruit bowl but suddenly Cody shouted "NOO!"

Everyone was looking at him, giving a confused look.

"What's wrong?" Claire (my co-worker) asked.

"Kaithleen is allergic to raspberries, it could kill her" Cody said taking my fruit bowl and showing me the berries.

Good thing Cody saw those raspberries, Or else Im in very very deep trouble.

"Geez, I almost forgot. Thanks Cody"

Everyone was in deep surprise, they were looking at me and cody, I think this is a good time to leave. This is really awkward.

"I-I think, I have to send those pictures of Cody to Mr. Rick" I said drinking a quarter of the milk before heading to my room to get my laptop.

I went outside the tiki house and looked for a perfect spot to do my work. I saw a swing beside the tiki house and began to do my work. 

I did almost 90% of my work including the editting and sending the pictures, It took me quite a long time before I finally finished atleast 90% of it. I looked at my watch it was already 6 in the evening.

It was quite dark already, we set a nice campfire near the shore, we grabbed some snacks along with us and started gathering around the fire.

I sat next to Todd and Cody was in between of Gina and Claire. (Cody is infront Kaithleen)

"Let's play spin the bottle: truth or dare" Gabe suggested

We all agreed, so he got a bottle and spinned it, At first it pointed Todd.

"Truth or dare?" Amy asked.

"Dare" Todd said.

"How bout kiss the girl you admire in this circle the most, but only at the cheeks" Claire Said.

"Pleasure" Todd responded he stood up and kissed me in the cheeks.

Everyone was giggling, teasing us and all those stuffs, I looked at Cody he was a bit sad. But honestly that surprise kiss from todd didnt made me smile at all.

They spinned the bottle again and it pointed Claire.

"Truth or dare?" Gabe asked and Claire responded "Dare"

"Do a dirty dance"

Amazingly, she said yes. Everyone found it very cute and weird until she sat on Cody's lap. 

"Umm Claire, Please dont do that to me" Cody said.

His irritated voice made claire stop and apologize. I feel angry for Claire. I mean What the hell?! What kind of girl is she? Ugh a singer is infront of us.

It was all fun and games until gabe spinned the bottle once again and it pointed to Cody.

"Truth Or Dare" I asked.

Cody smiled at me and said "Dare"

"Tell us about a pst you cant or you wont forget" Todd said.

Uh-Oh this doesnt look good. I just hope this is a story of someone else not ours.

"I met the most beautiful girl in the World" Cody said.

Everyone started smiling about it and the truth or dare became a story telling. I dont know what came to their minds to ask Cody to tell them about it maybe because he is popular and they wanted to know him better.

I was looking at Cody waiting for him to say something or atleast give a hint of which past is he gonna talk about.

"5 years ago, I was sitting infront of our new house in California. I was loving the view when a girl, a very pretty one. Passed by she was carrying loads of things but I never took my eyes off her. She was clumsy too" Cody smiled "She was riding a skateboard when the wheels of it got jammed because of a rock. I quickly ran to her to see if she was okay. I laughed out loud not because she had bruises but because of what she said to herself, I'll be fastforwarding guys. I saw her singing at her balcony she had the most beautiful voice I've ever heard I was hiding behind the curtains and she got a phone call turns out her boyfriend was a jerk. I wanted to talk to her but she turned me down. I watch her as she fell asleep on her balcony. I did the same thing because I never wanted to take my eyes off her. The next day she threw me this" He pulled something out of his pocket and It was my pick. My eyes started to become wet "She woke me up with this, I never returned it to her I guess I never really wanted to return it. I went to her room and we drank hot chocos turns out she had her ankle twisted. I stayed all day with her. When I saw a poster of me in her room she suddenly went ballistics even her foot was twisted she just wanted to grab that poster. I catched her as he fall safetly In my arms and from that day I saw those wonderful brown eyes-"

I cant help it anymore. Im gonna burst out in tears. I stood up and made an excuse "I-Im feeling dizzy see you guys tomorrow"

Everyone was bothered about it, but nothing could stop me from leaving. I rushed to my room and Cody was following me.

"I wanted them to know the story of us Kaithleen" Cody said as he hold my hands tight

"Let me go, Cody" I whispered.

And he did. I locked myself in my room and just bursted out in tears. Im not mad at him. Im mad about the fact that he remembers every detail of us. I want to move on but Cody keeps on holding me back. I hate the fact that he still shows interest at me. What happened before? Why is it like this?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you guys like it ? :) please comment, vote and fan! thanks for reading!