Chapter 21: Guitar Pick

Jake Thrupp. Just Great, I came to New York to move on not to be re-united with my past. Oh well, He barely knew me I only met him once.Ugh I'm pissed, I needed a time out. I thanked my boss for the amazing opportunity he gave me and headed to the door.

Taking a deep breathe I stopped midway and faced Jake.

"Hi, I'll be your designer and photographer. We'll start tomorrow 9am, my condo" I rolled my eyes and left. I knew he was going to say something and I want this work to be done and get back to moving on.

Before I completely drift away I took one glance at the cafe and saw Jake with my boss talking about something. I didnt want to look intrested at him, so I continued walking.

I looked around me to see how lovely New York was, I wonder how much awesome it would be to see the lights at night. I had lunch on a wonderful Italian restaurant and bought a couple of things I need for the photoshoot and some food supplies in my condo then went home.

It was 6 pm and Im so bored. I got my Laptop and listened to some pop music, My tummy is looking for something yummy I took the icecream i bought out of the freezer and munched the whole pint.

A couple of hours later, It started to get dark and I was so excited to see the lights in New York I rushed to my balcony and WOW. New York City is amazing all, I feel like im in Heaven. Such an amazing place.

The huge signs, The building lights, the wonderful streets..

I starred for it for a long time then decided to go to bed. I set the alarm to 7 am then jumped to my soft bed.

NEXT DAY

I woke up early today for the photoshoot. I took a bath and wore a white modern fitted dress then curled my hair. I think it makes me look elegant or something. Then next I prepared my camera, folders and sketch pad.

It wasnt long when someone knocked on my door. I looked at my watch its 8:55 am. Well he's a punctual boy. But I forgot  to eat my breakfast now my tummy is grumbling dang. I guess I'll just make a cup of hot choco before I go. I closed the door to my bedroom then headed to my front door to open it.

When I opened it, It wasnt the person I was expecting to see. I was so shocked, I look at the tall blonde from head to toe. It was Cody.

"Cody??"

"Kaithleen? Kaithleen Williams?"

"Yes"

He flickered his eyes and said "Oh wow So its really you..we bumped at each other yesterday"

"Oh so it was you.." I starred at those aqua-greenish eyes they're still beautiful like before, DARN this is awkward "Umm I-I dont understand where's Jake?"

"Jake?! B-But" he paused "Can we continue this inside? Its Cold."

What the hell is he doing in here?! I opened the door wide then pointed where the couch was

"I told Jake to tell Mr. Rick I wasnt going to make it  and ask Mr. Rick to give me your contact number and the place I was going to meet you" He said removing his scarf

I was leaning on the wall, I dont know how to respond. Is it destiny? NO KAITHLEEN you are not going to break your heart again.

"I havent eaten my breakfast yet Im just going to make a cup of hot choco then we head to Le-Rick's Photoshoot Area" I turned my back then headed to the kitchen to make a cup of hot choco. My condo was a huge place but the kitchen doesnt have a door or something to keep it close, It was a modern structure so the Living room was a good place to view the kitchen

"H-How did you get here? I mean when?" Cody said.

"Yesterday. I finished College as a fashion designer then got a job here in New York" I turned around facing him holding an empty cup.

"Thats awesome, how's your mom?"

"She found a boyfriend and they're living together maybe they'll get married soon" I gave him a fake smile.

"Its been a long time since-"

I turned my back from him and murmured "since you left me..."

I sensed that he heard what I said. He wasnt saying a word until I placed the hot choco I made for him and sat on the couch infront of him.

"I left you but I never forgot all about you.." he said taking the hot choco

"Sure you didnt ..that explains why a week after you move to New York, you never called nor texted me.."

"Kaithleen" he said taking a deep breath "I lost my phone when I got to new york, I wanted to contact you but I dont have your number anymore"

Tears were about to fall but I didnt want it to look I haven't moved on .. while he looks completely okay. I stood up and spilled the hot choco in the sink. I grabbed my bag and folders and opened the door wide open.

"Let's Go?"

"O-Okay" he stood up while fixing the scarf in his neck and wore his coat, he was about to leave when he stopped and faced me "Are you going to wear that? Its Cold Outside that wont keep you warm"

I smiled then pushed him out the door and locked it. Dont tell me what to wear Simpson you're not my boyfriend anymore.

When we finally reached the lobby, There were snow everywhere and It was so cold. Cody was looking at me I pretended I wasnt feeling any cold, Atleast he wont rub it into my face and say he told me so.

I was about to open the glass door when some stranger approached me "Hey lady, dont go out there. Didnt you listened to the news? They said dont leave your homes because its heavily snowing outside"

Well thats just fun! Now Im stuck with Cody?! And postponing my photoshoot? ughh..

"What are we going to do?" I said facing cody

"We'll.." He removed his coat and wrapped it on my shoulders "we should postpone it, Or we could continue then end up in the hospital bed"

He has a point as much as I hate to postpone it, I dont think we have a choice. But this coat is surely cozy and it smells so good too. STOP SNIFING IT KAITHLEEN YOU LOOK LIKE A DOG

"Well, you can stay in my condo until the snow subsides or something"

"That'd be awesome but Is it okay with you? well..I dont want to bother you" he said getting a grip in his scarf.

I rolled my eyes and said "Dont be silly, its okay with me"

I walked my way into the elevator then he stood behind me. He took his Iphone and called his dad, I think he's trying to tell that he wont be able to come home because of the heavy snow outside.

I opened my condo and dropped the folders and my bag in the couch. "Cody.. have a seat, I'll go change the heater is already turned on.."

He took a seat and I went to my bedroom and closed it. I took his coat and placed into on my bed then changed into hoodies and Jogging pants. Then Pony tailed my hair. I was about to leave but I noticed his coat.

I had a devilish idea and started searching his pockets. And what I saw made me half sad and half happy, Its kinda mix emotion ...

Something from our past that he still uses and made it into a necklace...My guitar pick

It was in his pocket and he even made it into a necklace, I remembered I threw it to him on the 2nd day we met. Thats just sad he still loves me.. or he loves the color of it. Stop assuming kaithleen if he still likes you why didn't he called back !

I returned it in his coat pocket and went outside. I saw him texting in the couch and I handed him over his coat and thanked him. I opened the tv and played some movie.

I sat on the couch infront of him and he started talking

"Do you want to talk about some things about" He paused "before"

Even the word BEFORE makes me sad so much. Do I want to talk about it? Or would it just bring back the past? I dont know what else to do. I dont know what to respond, Kaithleen do you wanna know what happened why it didnt worked out before? or do you wanna keep moving forward and endure all the pain?