Packing Day #2

Sophie Fey
I pulled a random strand of hair out of my overly neat bun, and then it looked good.

"Oh no no, sweetie. I need you to look 100% for today." Mom said in an annoying mom voice.

"I know mom, but who says today is extra special? I'm just moving away for a couple of months-years."

She seemed to get affected by what I said, hence she looked down from my gaze.

I instantly felt bad and brought her into a hug.

"I'm sorry mom, but I really need to start making decisions for myself okay." I said, looking her in her big, hazel eyes.

She pushed her dark hair behind her ear and nodded, allowing tears to fall.

"I understand sweetie. You're growing up so fast." she said, stroking my cheeks with her thumbs.

I smiled at her, "I know. Where's dad?"

She shrugged, "Ryan!"

"What, sweet heart?" Dad yelled back.

"Your daughter needs you!" she yelled back, making me roll my eyes.

"I have a surprise for her," he said, "bring her here!"

"Where?" I asked, in the same volume.

I could hear him chuckling loudly, "in the garage!"

I bit my lip as mom and I made our ways toward the garage.

She and I both pushed the door up and that's when I saw it.

The red, Lamborghini 2016 car sat patiently still, as dad stood beside it with a big grin.

Nicholas Scott
I sat in my dad's house, inhaling from my asthma pump. I just had an asthma attack forty-five minutes ago, and now I'm going off to college. Wow.

"You okay?" my dad's girlfriend, Miracle asked me.

I nodded with closed eyes, before getting one last breath from the inhaler.

She was decent and sweet, but she wasn't one thing. She wasn't my mother. I'm normally a nice guy, but I can't feel comfortable with my dad and another woman.

I was expecting my last days home to be home. This mansion, this is not home. Mom said dad wanted to see me before I went off to college, so that meant sleeping over at his house last night.

Dad came down his expensive staircase in his expensive suit. Oh yeah, he's the owner of many companies. He always was before him and mom split, but now, he's made his life dependency revolve around his business.

"You ready?" he asked.

I got up abruptly, making sure not to make eye contact.

"Yes sir, I'm ready."

He gave me an awkward side glance as he grabbed his briefcase, kissed Miracle and followed after me through the door.

I am finally going to college. Now, my stupid high school years are over and I can start a new life; a good life.