Conflict #3

Dinah Ramirez
I headed to the big tree that I found quite relaxing lately. Once I reached there, I sat down on the bench in the cool of the tall tree.

Pulling out a blunt, I contemplated on whether it was a good idea. I shrugged and lit it, before one of my friends walked over.

"Hey," she said, pulling out her blunt and lighting it, "no date today?"

I laughed, shaking my head. "Nope," I began, smoking it.

"Didn't I see you have a rehab article or something?"

I shrugged, lighting my blunt once more. "It's nothing, really. I found it somewhere."

She didn't linger on it, and began totally zoning out. I finished the first blunt in another five minutes. Pulling out another, I began to light it, but my friend looked at me.

"What?" I asked, raising a brow.

She looked pass me and when I turned, there he was; Ashton, wrapping his arms around another girl.

Although anger boiled inside of me, I managed to pretend it wasn't so. I turned back and shrugged, faking to be nonchalant.

"Who cares," I spat, lighting my blunt again, "he's not even that special anyway."

Feeling out of the mood, I finished my blunt and headed to the bleachers, bidding my friend goodbye. She looked on as I walked pass her.

I knew she knew that I was hurt, but everyone that knew me, knew I hated to show feelings.

Having a seat on the bleachers made me think about how peaceful it could be without smoking.

That rehab thing was rubbing off, I guess.

"Dinah," I heard Ashton's voice, "I want to talk to you."

"Sure you're not too busy?"

"What?" he scratched his head before having a seat, to which I scooted away, farther from him.

"You know what?" I said, more than asked, "forget about us. Because it's clear you're not interested in just me."

"Wait, Dinah," he called, but I was already stomping away.

Ashton Heart
Feeling anxiety build up, I began thinking hard on what I did wrong. Nothing. I don't even remember seeing her today, beside that time.

My hands shook as I thought, making me look like I was shivering.

Tori came back over to me, "are you alright?"

I nodded, "yeah I'm okay."

"Look, if your girlfriend isn't okay with me and you hanging out, it's cool."

I shook my head, "what? She's mad about something else....right? You're just my....." trailing off, I realized Dinah's sudden anger.

I was sure Dinah wouldn't assume Tori and I were seeing each other.

Didn't she know me by now? I'm not that type of guy. I'm barely able to get a girl as pretty as Dinah, so why would I cheat?

I sat there alone after Tori left to go to class and I opened a book to study. I needed to get my mind off of this misunderstanding. Judging by how angry Dinah looked, I don't think now would be a good time to approach.

Hours passed and soon it was time for me to go to my last class.

"Hey handsome," I heard a voice. Turning around, I saw some blonde looking at my through full lashes.

I shook my head and kept walking. The last thing I needed was more girl problems.

The girl soon made herself more known when she draped her hands around me.

"Woah," I said, stopping her from going any further, "what're you doin'?"

She giggled, "nothing silly. Can I walk with you?"

"From a distance, yeah."

"I like you, you're funny."

I nodded, looking elsewhere, "thanks."

The girl was pretty, but not my type. Only Dinah could fit that description.

"So," she came closer as we walked, "got a girl?"

"I do."

"She wouldn't mind if I did this right?"

"What? Walk with me?"

"No," she quickly leaned in and kissed the corner of my lips, "that."

I moved away from her as quick as I could, looking around to see if Dinah was anywhere to see that horrible scene.

I felt my stomach turn when I opened my phone.

Dinah: we're done.