Conflict #4

Aria Brooks
It's been a couple of days since I'd seen Douglas and it kinda made me feel sad. I mean, he's one of the very people to see me without anxiety.

Matter of factly, he's been the one causing it to subside, and I'm grateful for it.

The night cold air slipped through the vents as I covered up. My homework was done; right after I got them. So that's out of the way.

Other than homework being done, I needed a reason to go to sleep. I couldn't find a good spot, because I couldn't sleep.

"Can't sleep?" Brianna asked through the dark from her side, filling the silence.

I sighed, "I haven't been seeing Douglas lately, and I'm just...worried."

I knew she sat up when I heard her bed moving. Soon, her light footsteps trotted across the dark floor, and the moonlight casted on her face, which held a small smile.

"May I?" She pointed to a spot on my bed.

I nodded and scooted over to let her sit at my head.

The bed dipped, but not heavily from her petite body. Her hair was braided for bed and her natural face without makeup was clear and flawless.

Her most beautiful asset was her hazel eyes, reflecting from the moonlit room. I looked up at her, feeling self aware of my appearance now.

"Listen," she said, "don't overthink so much. He's probably been just as busy as you. You know how college can be. Sometimes you don't even have time for yourself."

Brianna looked at me and I began to mentally relax, "well I guess you're right. Did he have night classes today?"

Nodding, a smile played on my chapstick covered lips.

I got out of my bed, leaving Brianna to watch me from it, as I pushed my cold feet into some fuzzy slippers.

"Oh dear, do you know where his dorm is?" she asked, headed back to her bed.

I nodded, "I know it's on T-block right down from us."

She smiled and wrapped herself back in her sheets, drifting off.

I got a bowl of grapes from my mini fridge and headed out our shared dorm as I trotted down to his dorm.

Happy to finally see his dorm room, I smiled to myself. I knew it was his because of the design in the door.

Douglas was somehow obsessed with motorcycles, and his door proved that, with a wallpaper design of a bike.

I knocked on it softly, and quickly, it opened, revealing not Doug, but another female; Sheryl.

Her ruffled hair and disheveled appearance told a story as she stared at me with hot pink lips and a sweaty collarbone.

"Oh, you're Douglas' girlfriend right?" she said with a smirk.

"Was," I said before clutching my bowl of grapes and heading away just as I saw him emerge behind her.

Douglas Rhondez
I tried to make out words, but the alcohol was taking control of my consciousness.

Sheryl shut the door after Aria went off with tears in her eyes.

The back of my head pounded as I struggled to withstand the drugs.

"Oh no no baby. You need to rest and let it ware off."

I pulled away from her and instantly lost control. The now fists were clenched so tight, I felt my nails making imprints.

Boiling in anger, I shook violently as the drugged alcohol started to ware off.

"Doug?" Sheryl squeaked, tilting her head, "baby calm down."

"Get out Sheryl." I demanded coldly.

Crossing her arms, she challenged me, "am I supposed to be afraid of that Aria?"

Closing my eyes, I tried to regain patience, but I failed. "GET OUT!"

Sheryl jumped and scattered out of my dorm, crying. I sighed and fumbled to get my phone, still fighting the heaviness of the alcoholic drug she gave me.

I felt my finger shake as I dialed her number.

"Hey this is Aria, I'm probably not available..or not."

I felt my eyes sting as I thought of her heart breaking at the sight of tonight. Damned Sheryl.

I cut off my phone and lay down on the bed as I made a decision to approach her tomorrow. Maybe she'll be much more calm by then.