Date #1

Skylar Dottie
I sat up in my bed, restlessly thinking about yesterday. It was 2:00 am, but I couldn't scratch the feeling of heartache off my mind.

My dorm mate Bridget was off the list for comfort, and I guess Gio was the only one who could right now. I may seem desperate, but he was nice to me, and I believe he has a heart.

I looked over at Bridget, who was sleeping peacefully. Her hourglass figure formed perfectly as she laid on her side, ringlets of curls dropping in front of her face.

"Bridget," I whispered. No answer.

"Bridget," I whispered again. No answer.

I slid out of bed, ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth before styling my hair. I looked in the mirror at my reflection, and I nearly gasped. I look dead.

"Okay," I said to myself, "no makeup. Just washing my face."

I tied my hair up with one of my rubber bands and splashed some water on my face. It woke me up alright. I got my towel and dabbed my face softly, before letting my hair back down and heading back to the room.

The lights were still off, meaning she was still asleep. I don't need her knowing my whereabouts. She's done enough.

I grabbed my purse and headed out the door. I need to clear my head.

I walked around the quiet halls of the college, making tiny steps around the dark corridor. It was dimly lit, with fire hydrants sitting around here and there.

I walked and walked, reflecting on myself. I wanna know 'why me?' Why do things like this happen to good people? Mom would always be the one to support me the most, even when dad wasn't doing the same for her.

Whenever I felt unimportant or hurt by something, she'd always tell me this one line, 'be the person you would be proud to know.' When I was younger, she'd sing to me with the best song, regardless of her bad singing voice. I'd never realized one day she'd leave me. Not now, at least.

Even though I'm okay, I feel like there's a part of me missing. Like I've been put to death without that truly happening.

I walked further down, and now I was far from my dorm. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know where I was. The corridor was now darker than usual.

I turned around and began to change my route back to my dorm. I heard a clicking noise, and I stopped in my tracks.

It sounds familiar, but I still walked further. It clicked again, and I couldn't fight it any longer. I jaunted over to the noise, and I quickly regretted it.

All the heads of young boys snapped toward me. It was three guys, all holding joints to their lips with laid back demeanors.

I couldn't make out their faces, since it was so dark on this part of the college.

They exchanged glances and one of them stood.

I quickly stepped back, trying to hold my breath as he stepped up to me.

"Skylar?" the guy asked. I know this voice.

I calmed down when I realized who it was, "Gio?"

Gio Davidson
"What're you going here?" I asked, pulling her away from where we sat.

She pulled her arm away, "I can move myself. Anyway, I'm trying to have a moment to reflect on what happened today."

I don't know why, but she's been making me feel different, and it makes me feel soft.

"Oh," I said, stepping back, "well have fun."

She looked at me questioningly, "nothing else to say?"

I shook my head, "like what?"

She rolled her eyes, "never mind. You're clearly a robot."

I tried to hold back my grin, but I held her arm again, "okay. Hold on, one minute."

I stepped back over to where my friends smoked, and told them I'd be right back. After that, I went back to a confused Skylar.

"What are you doing?" she asked with a raised brow.

I pushed my hands in my pockets, "let's go."

"Um," she stepped in front of me, "I am not going anywhere with-

Before she could finish her sentence, I pulled her waist to me.

She looked at me unreadably, "what are you doing?"

I smirked, "you talk a lot."

With that, I pushed my lips onto hers and kissed her passionately. She followed the kiss, not removing my hands from her waist.

After that, I pulled away.

She panted breathlessly, staring up at me with pink, swollen lips.

"What was that for?" she asked, settling into my hold.

I removed my hands and allowed her to stand up straight, "you wouldn't shut up."

"Well thanks for that," she said with a small smile, "but aren't you and Bridget a thing?"

"Yeah," I said, walking away with her to guide her to her dorm, "and no we're not."

From there, I don't know what to say. Maybe I like her, because I know for a fact, that she is the only girl I ever walked to their dorm.