#1

Skylar Dottie
After finishing up my lunch, I scrolled through my phone. I had been sat in the college cafe, having a nice lunch with myself.

I soon spotted a familiar face that entered the cafe and I placed my phone down to look at who she was with. I expected her to be with him, but she wasn't, it was somebody else.

I placed my head down, so she didn't notice me, but she looked in my direction and I was too late.

"Skylar?" she called, "is that you?"

I looked up with a fake smile. "Heyy Bridget!"

She mirrored my smile, calling me over.

"C'mon, let's have lunch together. I want you to meet my new boyfriend."

I shook my head, "oh, nah, I'm actually gonna run some errands, bye." I said, standing to my feet.

Her smile soon vanished and she pursed her lips as I fumbled with my car keys. As soon as I picked up my coffee, I left the cafe with her and her new boyfriend. I wonder what happened between her and Gio.

I soon unlocked my car and and sat in before starting the engine and pulling off. I silently drove, like I always did with the smell of my hazelnut coffee scenting the car.

My phone rang when I stopped at the red light, quickly answering it.

"Hello? Skylar Dottie."

"Come home, now! Mom's in trouble!" as soon as the light hit green, I made a sharp turn to head to my neighborhood.

"I'm on my way!" I said, panicky.

The person hung up, and all I could think about were my siblings and my mom somewhere scared.

I finally made it in front of the mansion, not bothering to cut off my car and entering the unlocked house.

"Mom?" I yelled, coming upstairs.

I reached to the top and nearly dropped backwards. A scream erupted from my lungs and I couldn't hold in the tears that rolled down.

She lied there, lifeless, with single drops of blood around her and a whole stain of it on her shirt.

I dropped down on my knees, shaking her lifeless body, screaming non stop.

"Mom? Mom, please wake up!" I hollered.

A single hand wrapped around me. Not knowing who it was scared me, but I didn't pushed them away, I cried into their arm, sobbing like a child.

"It's okay," he said. It was dad.

"No, it's not okay. She-I........ I don't even know what to say."

He rubbed my back softly, "I know. I know."

Gio Davidson
"Do you wanna go to your dorm?" Bridget asked softly, rubbing on my chest.

I shook my head, "let's just stay here."

She nodded and stood, locking the door.

She came back and as soon as she sat back onto my lap, she started kissing me hungrily.

I slid my hands around her as she gave me little time to respond.