(Part 1) #1

Skylar Dottie
The morning breeze blew my hair into my face as I trotted from my dorm room to the cafeteria.

My stomach sang a song as I thought about the food I wanted.

I didn't see Bridget at all last night. Probably because she was with her man. Rolling my eyes, I finally made it to the cafeteria.

Everybody buzzed through the open space, finding a seat.

I joined the line as I looked at the menu. They had my favorite this morning; blueberry muffin and a stuffed, glazed doughnut.

"Hi," a voice said, "Skylar right?"

I spun around to see the same guy when I first moved here.

"Yes," I said, moving up in the line, "I remember you; you're the bag boy."

I touched his shoulder, "what was your name?"

"Jesse," he ran a hand through his dark hair. He looked sorta Italian.

"Jesse what?"

"Lenguine."

Yup. Italian alright.

"Skylar Dottie."

He nodded with a smile, "are you eating in here?"

I nodded, returning the smile. He seemed nice. "You wanna eat with me?"

Jesse's eyes went from my face to my hair, "yeah sure, thanks."

It was finally my turn to order, and l stepped up and ordered my favorite; blueberry muffin and a stuffed glaze doughnut. The woman  gave me my receipt once I paid and I waited to the side as Jesse ordered.

"One panini please," he ordered, reaching for his wallet, the lady smiling brightly as she punched in his order.

"Anything to drink?"

"Water's nice."

Gio never ordered water....wait, who's that?

Once the both of us got our food, we headed for an empty table and planted our party there.

Other college kids were seated at larger tables with about five people gathered at one table. I scanned the whole cafeteria and I did a double take when I saw Bridget seated with some guys.

I looked at the guys and sure enough, there was Gio smoking with his friends.

Sighing in relief that he didn't notice me, I quickly turned around before any of them did.

"Are you okay?" Jesse asked, almost finishing his whole meal.

I hurriedly grabbed my muffin and tried to match his speed, "I'm fine. So," I began, "what're your courses?"

He sat back and smirked, "well I'm into Art and sports. You?"

I smiled, "that's kind of a gross combination; Art and sports....but I'm in fashion design and illustration."

A smile played his lips, "pretty cute; it looks good on you."

With a widened smile, I stuffed the last piece of my doughnut into my mouth. I hope he didn't catch on to my avoiding his compliment.

Once I was sipping my iced coffee, that's when I looked up and noticed him.

Gio Davidson
My anger boiled as this maggot looked up at me. Who does he think he is?

"What do you want, Gio? Bridget's waiting on you." Skylar hissed with resent....for me.

I pushed down the strange feeling and balled a fist, "who is he?"

Skylar's single eyebrow was to the roof when I let the question slip out.

"Hey, I'm J-

I glared at him, "shut the hell up. Where'd you come from?"

I knew I was wrong for what I did to Skylar, but, as cliche as the excuse sounded, I was also drunk. Who was I to force her to talk to me? But who was he to be on a date with my girl?

Skylar stood, causing people to stare in our direction. "I think you need to leave. Besides, I'm not your girl, Gio, Bridget is."

I saw the tears that wanted to spill onto her rosy cheeks, but that wasn't what hurt. What hurt, was hearing her say those words.

The guy just looked down as it all happened. I raised my hands and backed away from the table, not removing my stare off of that guy. Once pretty boy glanced in my direction, I scowled.

I walked away and out of the cafeteria, not even worrying about annoying Bridgette calling out my name. She could die for all I care.

The sun was beating down on my face as summer was already here and I began to sweat as I headed for my favorite spot on the bleachers to clear my head.

I need to fix what I messed up.....for my sake.