Meet #3

Dinah Ramirez
I sat on the bleachers, took out a blunt and lit it.

Today felt pretty normal, even though it was my first day of college. No day actually feels special anymore, after my parents split. I would've never touched a piece of weed back then, not a drip of alcohol ever tipped my tongue. Now, it's safe to say that I'm a mess.

I took a drag from it and watched the people on the field playing either soccer, or football. Both looked pretty cool.

I'm not a sporty girl, but I've found fun in instruments and music. Speaking of music, I'll go see where they have classes for it.

I got up, grabbed my bag and headed to the upstairs classes. I saw the sign on the map saying that anything Music related was in the west section, so I followed it.

The moment I got up the stairs, I was met by a pair of green eyes. These green eyes were beautiful though.

He accidentally bumped into me, the usual meeting for the typical college goers, such as myself.

"Sorry," he said as he looked at me longer than he was probably intending to.

"It's fine."

I smiled shortly, before moving around his tall body.

"Wait, what's your name?" he asked as he walked with me.

"Dinah Ramirez, and you?"

He scratched the back of his head, "nice name. Mine is Dustin Jogia."

His eyes were lazy, and they looked hot on him. He also had black hair, the green eyes contrasting with that.

I found myself staring at him once again, and I hurriedly snapped out of it.

He chuckled lightly before entering a classroom that we'd walked by. I looked at the door of the classroom, and it said Art.

I smiled and plopped my head inside, to see the Dustin boy surrounded by a pool of girls, who were giggling at something funny.

Somehow, my smile had vanished. Why? I have no idea. I've just met him, why am I mad or whatever?

I pulled my head out and proceeded with my journey to the Music room. It wasn't as far as I thought, but it was a walk to at least make you have to take a seat.

I did just that once I reached the empty classroom. The door said that a Music audition was to be held in the next five minutes.

I put out my blunt and sadly, threw it away. I actually want to sound good for this audition. Even though I seem like a 'tough' person on the outside, I'm very shy in front of a crowd. Yep, that's right.

The doors opened and in came a few students, who were blabbering all at the same time. I thought about what song I want to sing, and that's when the shy boy walked in. He didn't notice me, he just whistled to himself as he took his seat.

He's in Music?

Ashton Heart
"Hey, what're you doing here?" I heard a girl's voice ask.

I glanced up, and nearly choked on my words. She was wearing the very clothing that caused me to.

Her dress hugged her curves and a lot of her skin was exposed.

"I'm, uh, playing the drums." I said, gesturing to the drums that sat across the room.

She looked a bit confused, "you mean, this audition today is for a...band?"

I shook my head, "you can audition as a soloist or you can audition so you can be apart of the college band," I said as I tapped my fingers on my lap.

She scooted closer as the door opened and in walked the head of the band, Chelsea.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

She smiled, "Dinah."

I raised my brows, "Dinah?...." I trailed off.

She giggled this time, "Ramirez."

"Oh? Spanish?" I asked in a shocked tone. No wonder she' so pretty.

"Yes Spanish," she started, "and what's your name?"

I brought my bottom lip between my teeth, before answering.

"Ashton."

She raised a questioning brow, "Ashton what?"

I shook my head, "don't laugh, okay."

Me saying this already brought a smile to her face.

"C'mon, tell me."

I sighed, "Heart."

I winced as I awaited her giggles, but when she didn't, I opened my eyes.

"I like it, it's cool." she said with a smirk.

"Thank you."

She nodded, "no problem."

"So," I said as she looked up at me, "you're singing?"

She nodded.

I widened my eyes at her, "you can sing?"

She looked away this time, "yep. But, I'm kinda second guessing."

I furrowed my brows, "why?"

She shook her head, "I don't like crowds."

I smiled, "you don't seem like the shy type."

"I'm not shy, just not good with crowds."

"Yeah, okay." I said with rolled eyes.

She was beginning to talk a lot, and I like it. She seems really cool, maybe a little too cool to hang out with me.

Chelsea stood up after a long talk with some of the others, "okay," she said as loud as her high pitched voice could reach, "whoever you're seated next to, is your partner. Start."