#4

Aria Brooks
We made it inside the party, luckily alive. Might be an exaggeration, but the front was crowded like a fish market.

Douglas never left my side during the party, and I was grateful. I don't know anybody here.

Liquor scented the room rapidly, as people chugged down shots after shots.

"Let's go to the living room," Douglas yelled over the loud crowd.

He led me through all the horrible dancers, fake drunkards and real ones. I really hate this crowd.

We finally made it toward the living room, but we were quickly stopped. A man with red hair stood in our way, smiling wildly.

"Heyyy," he yelled, "let's dance!"

Douglas rounded him and pulled me along, ignoring the man.

We got to the couch in short while. He sat quickly, with no hesitation. Other people were seated there, either making out or having drinks.

I sat as far away from them as possible, making me have no choice, but to squeeze up next to Douglas.

He made it his chance to throw his hands around me, and I instantly felt uncomfortable. Yeah he had his hand on me all the way here, but now, at the party it felt odd. Like I was just as bad as the other people here.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I nodded, "yeah, I'm fine. I just need to use the bathroom."

He nodded, removing his hand. "Okay, I'm gonna find my sister. I'll be right back."

"What if I can't find you when I'm back?" I asked, becoming a bit worried.

He shook his head, "you can just wait right here."

I nodded and turned away to search for a bathroom. The place was so huge, I found myself aimlessly wandering through the halls. I looked to my left and my right, and I found a door.

It read: Restroom, with the little woman dress on it. I silently sighed, entering the bathroom.

Once the automatic light switched on, I was amazed by the size of the bathroom. It was huge. From the long draped curtains, to the tiny detailed, customized wall paint. The color contrast was blue and white, with some black.

I ran my fingers along the smooth surface of the wall, before remembering why I came in here.

I sat and thought about the party.

There could be many reasons to wanna escape this party, but the main one was pretty clear; the crowd.

It wasn't just the scent, it was the people creating the scent. It was horrible. There was a mixture of liquor, sweat, strong cologne and perfume. I don't see how anyone would want to come here.

A knock came at the door, "hey, who's in here? Hurry up!"

I quickly stood up, feeling embarrassed that I was in here so long.

"Sorry," I said, "I'm coming out now."

The person didn't answer, if they were even still there.

I unlocked the door, and the person stumbled forward. I quickly caught her, helping her stand up steadily.

"A-are you okay?" I asked her.

She shook her head, and right when I was about to ask her what's wrong, she threw up on the ground.

I quickly helped her to the sink, holding her blonde hair back as she emptied her stomach. I stood there a little while longer, before exiting once she caught herself.