Dorm #4

Aria Brooks
I breathed in and out as I took every step toward the big double doors.

This means war, anxiety.

I sighed before pulling them open and taking in everything. The slightest light caught my attention, as kids my age walked pass me with their friends and/or dorm mates.

This is so scary. The fact that I have to walk up to that big desk and say something to her is a big thing for me.

She was a small sized woman, with some grey hairs sticking around. She kept a friendly smile on her face the whole time. I can do this.

I walked over to her slowly as people maneuvered around me, because I walked so slow. I felt like I was walking for days, even though I haven't even made it two miles yet. I felt like I was in the same spot all day.

The woman finally noticed me, and she gave me a welcoming smile that someway, somehow gave me a little more courage.

I walked over much more faster and hurriedly gave her my paper.

She kept on that same uplifting smile, until she punched some letters into her computer before handing me a key.

"Thank you." I said.

She bowed her head slightly, "you're welcome sweet heart. Have a nice day."

I smiled back at her and quickly followed the directions of the map I had.

My dorm isn't far from the girls' shower room, so I could easily slip in and slip out whenever I felt dirty.

I'm really not worried about anything but my dorm mate. I hope she's anti social, because if she isn't, that means she's gonna talk to me and when you talk to me, I'm awkward as hell.

I paced down the hall of people, who, for some reason, stared at me.

I started breathing heavily as I panicked. The walls somehow started closing in and people just whispered things to each other.

I didn't move at all, I just waited till it was over.

"Are you okay?" I heard a deep voice ask me.

I twirled around to face the tall boy-man.

He had a worried look on his face as he held my arm softly.

"I'm fine," I said, shaking my head, "thanks." I looked around and all those people who I thought were staring at me, were, in reality having other conversations with one another. Stupid anxiety.

He nodded slowly, as if not believing me.

"You sure? You look a bit shaken up."

He studied my reaction after he said that. He studied my reaction because he knew that I knew that he's right.

I pulled my arm away, "no that's fine. I'm good, thanks."

He smirked this time, "well, just be careful okay?"

I smiled at him, "I'll remember to. Thanks."

Douglas Rondhez
I watched as the pretty girl strolled away. She had beautiful, dark eyes and dark hair that contrasted her pale skin. She was gorgeous.

I snapped out of my daze and quickly turned away to head to the lady behind the desk. She wore a smile, that I suppose is designed to help kids like the girl I just met.

Well, whatever it was, it worked.

"Hi," she greeted me first, "I'm guessing you're new?"

I smiled back, "I am."

I handed her my paper and she took a look at it, before clicking the keys on her computer and handing me a key.

I gladly took it from her hand, noticing the way her hand intentionally brushed mine.

"So," she said with hooded eyes, "what are you taking up?"

I gave her a tight smile, "uhh, just everything except Fashion and Design."

She nodded with a smile once again, and I did the same before turning on my heels and striding off.

Dorm, here I come.