Conflict #1

Skylar Dottie
Gio was being beyond a gentleman today, in his own way of course.

"You like it?" he asked, lighting a blunt.

I smacked it out of his hand, "really? You're smoking right now?"

He glared at me, before picking it back up and pushing it into his back pocket. I rolled my eyes, grabbing his hand in mine.

We walked along the sand on the beach, which was my idea.

"So," he said, "do you always walk around here?"

I smiled, "nope. Only my mom and me used to walk here sometimes."

He watched me hard, before turning his gaze to the sand in front of us.

"Oh,"he said, "so, you swim?"

I grimaced, "why'd you asked?"

He dropped my hand, pulling off his shirt. "Cause I feel like swimming."

I smiled, "well count me out," I said with a twirl of my hair, "I can't get this nicely done hair wet."

He smirked, "you're scared to wet your hair?"

I laughed, "no, but I'm scared of how I'd look after that."

He chuckled, "alright," he said, walking toward the shore, "your lost."

I followed him close behind, watching him swim in the blue water. I shivered for him, since the water looked cold.

"Is it cold?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "nope."

I took off my shirt, revealing my tank top underneath. Luckily I wear shorts under my skirts.

I took off my skirt, which left me in my shorts and tank top. He watched me inch toward the edge of the shore.

My painted toenails tipped the water, and I instantly leapt back from the coldness of it. He laughed, watching me in amusement.

"I thought you said it wasn't cold!" I yelled from my spot to him. He had swam all the way out.

I watched him, keeping his head above the water with no struggles.

"It isn't, Skylar." he yelled back.

I tied up my hair into a low bun and I went further into the water, becoming fully wet.

The only problem was I didn't know how to swim. I tip toed over to where he was freely standing. It reached all the way to his chest, while the water barely revealed my neck.

"It's really.......nice," I said, bouncing from each foot to stay above the water.

"Yeah, I told you." he said, smirking down at me.

I raised my brows, "Gio," I said, feeling the current push me harder than before, "I kinda sorta can't swim."

The water pushed me a little farther and I panicked, not being able to feel the ground under my feet.

I splashed around like a child, feeling my heart beat fast.

Gio pulled me along with him over to the shore, holding me.

His smirk before, turned into an amused smile, and soon laughter erupted from his chest.

"It's not funny," I rolled my eyes.

He wiped his eyes, "it was funny, and you know it."

I couldn't hide the smile that formed onto my face. "A little."