Packing Day #4

Aria Brooks
I wiped away my tears quickly as mom came in with a tray of breakfast.

"Hey there, miss lady. I brought you some waffles," she said softly.

Mom didn't know I had a hard time trying to build up the courage to leave. My anxiety keeps doing these things to me, and it's not helping with my moving day.

"Thank you mom." I said, brushing my hair.

She set the plate on the table and took a moment to look at me while I sat in the mirror, brushing my hair.

She always did this, made things worse by making it awkward, or just plain quiet.

"Is something the matter sweetheart?" she asked with knitted brows.

I shook my head rapidly, "no everything's fine mom."

She came and sat down by me, "you don't seem very okay."

Oh my God, mom please just let me live and be anxious.

"No no. I'm-I-I can do this." I said, stuttering with every syllable.

She frowned at me, "Aria, stop. You're gonna get your clothes wet."

I was crying and I didn't even have any say in whether I wanted to or not.

I sniffed and huffed uncontrollably as the tears ran down my face as mom wrapped my body with her long arms.

I hate my anxiety so much. It made me think I was incapable of a lot of things that are so simple. It made people run over me. It made boys think I was easy, when I'm totally not. It made kids at school think I was weird and quiet. It makes me never get my point across. It makes me sick!

"It's okay sweetie. You can go tomorrow if-

"No, I'm gonna go today. I promised myself I'll do it." I said, wiping away my tears.

Thank God my makeup is waterproof.

"Okay baby, just be calm okay, and don't over think."

I nodded slowly. I thought about my happy place and my favorite song.

When mom left, I started singing it to myself.

"Summer belongs to you. Summer belongs to you."

Douglas Rondhez
"Come on son, you gotta put this box in here." dad said in a frustrated tone as I sprayed some cologne onto my t-shirt and neck.

"Alright, alright. I'm coming."

I gave myself a good look in the mirror before winking at my reflection and turning on my heels.

I grabbed my bags, that I didn't even pack myself and headed out the door.

Dad grabbed his keys and I stopped him midway.

"Woah, dad. I can literally drive myself. It's a fifteen minute drive ya know," I said as I slipped the keys from his hand.

Dad sighed before giving in and allowing me to take them.

"Come visit?" mom asked in a shaky voice.

I hugged her tightly, "of course mom. Love you guys."

"You too son!" they both said.

I walked out, proudly opening the door and hopping into the black car.

I sped off and as soon as that, Sheryl was on my mind.

Sheryl Johnson, my long distance girlfriend. She is the most annoying girlfriend I've ever had. Using that word, however is an understatement. She was beyond a nag, a nosy girl and clingy till there's no personal space kind of person.

I just hope she doesn't spot me while I'm at this place. I hope I can break up with her before she thinks we have a future.