Dorm #2

Sophie Fey
I sped into the parking lot, quickly and neatly parking into an empty space.

Some kids watched, while others just strolled by with their phones or whatever. I got out, and that's when something hard hit my head.

I looked around me, and then the ball rolled around my feet.

What the hell!

Whoever hit me just a minute ago, doesn't even care to come after their ball? What kind of fool does that?

I shook my head and readjusted my bun before heading into the double doors.

I pulled out my papers as I got closer, and that's when some prissy blonde stood in front of me. She was pretty, but I could see right through those little innocent eyes.

"Uh, I was here. Excuse me." I said, moving her hand that blocked me.

She twirled around and gave me a nasty face as she looked me up and down.

"And who are you?" she asked.

I squinted my eyes at her, "shouldn't I ask you the same thing?"

She growled lowly before the woman behind the front desk stopped us.

"Okay, it seems everybody fights when they're new," she said, grabbing both our sheets of application, "let's see."

I bit my lip as she scanned over mine and then over the girl's.

She looked onto her computer, filled in a couple things and then made an 'ah' sound, probably saying that she did what she had to do.

"Well well well," she said, handing us both our keys at the same time, "you two are gonna be dorm mates."

Both our jaws dropped after the words left her lips.

"You've got to be kidding me, are you serious?" I asked with wide eyes.

She scoffed, "you're not all peaches and cream either, miss no class."

"Oh yeah, the one who nicely excused herself says." I shot back, staring at her.

She rolled her eyes, "whatever. Just know, we'll never be friends."

I laughed, "oh my, my feelings are hurt."

She just huffed and stormed off.

Nicholas Scott
"Dude, where'd my ball go?" I asked Jackson, my dorm mate, who I just met.

Basically, after I got my keys to my dorm, Jackson and I put all our stuff away and we came out here to play soccer on the field. And Jackson, apparently being a soccer freak, kicked the ball and it hurdled somewhere around the parking lot.

"I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure it hit somebody," he said, readjusting the hat on his ruffled hair.

I sighed, pushing my hands into my pockets.

"Alright, come on let's look for it."

He gave me a nod and we started looking.

"The ball must've landed somewhere around here. Come on," he said, walking around some red Lamborghini.

I followed behind him and that's when I saw my ball, still in the spot it must've hit the person.

I smiled at Jackson when he picked it up and we made our way back onto the field.

We played until it was two o' clock, then we went to the cafeteria and got some lunch.

So, I like hanging out with Jackson. He's cool and we get along pretty well.