#2

Sophie Fey
I lied in my bed, sleepless. The only thing I could think about was that lunch date with him. Nicholas.

He even gave me a kiss on the cheek, there's no topping that, besides a kiss on the lips.

I shifted, trying to find a comfortable spot, but even if I did, I'd still rethink today.

"Sophie, stop moving so much! I can hear you," Unique complained.

I rolled my eyes silently, before shifting once more, but there was still no perfect spot.

The lights switched on, and Unique looked at me with tired eyes. She doesn't look good at night, or anytime.

"Can you please stop shifting so much?" she begged, before yawning loudly.

I sighed, "yeah, I just..." I trailed off as she raised a questioning brow.

"You just what?"

I sat up, "do you have a boyfriend?"

She shook her head, "I'm not having this conversation."

"Oh, come on. You have gotta have somebody."

She sat up as well, before coming over to sit on my bed. I looked at her confused, "uhh."

She smiled, ignoring me, "I had a boyfriend. His name was Danny. He loved me, or so I thought."

I rolled my eyes, "some guys are just..."

"I know," she started, leaning against the bed head, "but, he was handsome. So handsome, that other girls wanted him while we were together. I was okay with it, since he told me he only likes me. I was stupid enough to believe him, so one day, my phone rang and I picked up. 'Hey, I think your boyfriend Danny is trying to flirt with me', my best friend, Lisa said. I told her I'm on my way, and when I got there, Lisa and Danny are literally fiddling in her bed. And I thought, this is just crazy. She and I got into a nasty argument, and we split. Danny dumped me after that, and I didn't feel bad. So, basically, after that experience, I'm staying single."

I sat there with a shocked expression, "well, that went from 0-100 really quick."

She laughed softly, standing back up.

"You know, you're really nice."

I smiled, "thank you, Unique. I didn't know you would be nice to me."

Her smile faltered a bit, "yeah look, I'm sorry about my behavior at first. I was rude. Can we be friends?"

I nodded as she got back into her bed and covered up.

"So, now will you go to bed?" she asked, smiling tiredly.

I giggled, "yes. Good night."

She said the same, before turning off the lights and sleeping.

I closed my eyes, but Nicholas still floated around my mind. That kiss was still fresh on my cheek, and I'm definitely gonna savor the moment. I hope I'll see him tomorrow.

Nicholas Scott
I woke up early, finishing up some Physics homework that would be due today. I mostly woke up because the scent of cafe pancakes and eggs filled my up hungry nostrils.

I got out of bed, showered and freshened up, before waking up Jackson. I've learnt that he oversleeps almost everyday. It's pretty cool with me, since I'm sometimes guilty of it.

He got up after I shook him for the eight time.

"I'm up. What do you want, Nic?"

I chuckled, "c'mon. Let's go grab some breakfast."

He shook his head, "I have a breakfast date."

I raised a brow, "nice man, with who?"

He thought for a moment, before his eyes widened and he sat up, "I have a breakfast date. I'm gonna be late."

I smirked, "that rhymed, and yeah, you're gonna be late. So, I'll leave you. See ya man."

I got up and pat his back as he stretched. I left him in the dorm, tripping out on whether to go casual or classy.

As soon as I stepped out, I could smell jelly, corn syrup and many more. I followed the scent, straight into the cafe full of people.

I walked in further, looking at all the young people seated at tables talking and eating together. It all made me think of Sophie.

I wonder where she eats for breakfast. Maybe I could eat with her. I'm sure she wouldn't mind. Right?

I stood on the short line as people in front of me talked softly before their times came to order and then it all lead to me. I came up to the counter, looking at the menu behind her.

There were many great dishes on there, but something stood out.

"I'll have a blueberry pancake stack, please?" She nodded and tapped into her computer thingy, before looking back up at me. "Is that all?"

"No, wait, and an orange juice."

She smiled small, and finally tapped in my complete order.

"Complete?"

I nodded before waiting at the wall. I don't know if I ate something too heavy last night, but my chest became tight. I ignored it, hoping it wasn't my asthma.

The lady called me for my food, and I grabbed it and tipped her. She thanked me and I headed out.

I searched for the nearest seat, but there were no good ones, so I headed back to my dorm.

When I got there, Jackson was already gone. I pulled off my shirt and started eating bare back. I mean, can you blame me?

I ate and ate, till the feeling came back. This time, worse. The tight feeling in my chest brought a nostalgic feeling to me. It's my asthma.

I held my chest and tried to breathe as steady as I could, but it felt like there was someone in my chest squeezing and squeezing, until my breath stopped. I fought for air as tiny black spots invaded my vision. I blinked rapidly, trying to stay awake.

I laid on the floor with little breaths getting through my lungs as the doorknob was shaking. I looked over at it, panting heavily.

It opened, and Sophie ran toward me, holding my back up for support.

"Nicholas, wait. Hold on, I have your pump."

She ran out the door and minutes later, she rushed back in and pushed it in my mouth, pumping the air rapidly.

I finally made better progress as the air rushed back to my lungs.

I still kept still, with my head on her lap.

"Thank you."

She smiled softly, "you're welcome. I'm sorry, I forgot to give you it yesterday when we were in the car. You were gonna leave it at the restaurant."

I smiled, "well I should be apologizing for being careless."

She giggled before helping me up.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded, pushing the inhaler into my back pocket.

"Again, thank you."

She stepped to me with a smile.

I raised a brow at her, but right when I was about to speak, her lips were on mine. I couldn't contain my hands as they found their way onto her lower back, almost touching her hips.

She kissed me passionately, her hands wrapped around my neck tightly.

She and I pulled away at the same time, softly panting. I searched her face, awaiting her next move.

"You're welcome." she said, grabbing my hand in hers.

I smirked at her before laughing.

"You are something else." I said, snaking my hands around her small waist.

She bit her bottom lip before joining in on my laughter.

I gave her one last kiss, before she and I enjoyed my breakfast together.