Other #3

Dinah Ramirez
"That was pretty great!" a girl with red hair came up to me. She had olive skin and round eyes. She was pretty.

After my nerve wrecking audition, I've been complimented on it non stop by everyone. To be quite honest, I liked it. Singing would normally be for the perky, cute girls, but for me, it's the opposite.

Ashton played the drums for me, and as concentrated as he was, he still held a shocked expression while I performed.

"You," he started with a smirk, "were. Amazing!"

I smiled, "thanks."

He shook his head, "I have to be honest, I never thought you were the singing type. I mean, you know what I mean. You look like the 'I'm into bad boys only' type." he finished with a tilted head, examining me.

I chuckled, "oh please, I like good guys too. I mean, I like you."

He paused, and so did I. His whole face was now red, as well as his eyes looking elsewhere.

"What do you mean?" he asked, pushing his hands in his pockets.

I smiled and looped my arm with his, "nothing."

Ashton Heart
She was really making me nervous. I mean, what would she mean by that? She has to mean what I hope she's meaning.

She and I walked in the same position around the corridors all day, before grabbing some lunch at the cafeteria.

We stopped at the order sign, the lady behind the counter giving us a nice smile.

"Cute couple," she winked, "what'll you be having?"

I removed my hand, "no, we're not a couple. She's my...friend."

I glanced down to look at her, and she was doing the same. I think I even saw a glimpse of hurt in her face, but it quickly subsided.

I opened my mouth to speak, but she beat me to it, "its fine. Uh, I'll have the coconut water with a cheesecake please." she ordered, looking up at me to do the same.

I turned back to the lady, "a water for me."

"Alright, coming up. You can just wait over there," she pointed to the waiting wall.

We did as told as she walked ahead of me. For some strange reason, I felt bad. I mean, what I did probably was hurtful, but we aren't. And trust me, I'd like to say the opposite, but it's true.

She leant on the wall as she looked up at me. I smirked and grabbed her hand back in mine.

It took all in me, but the good thing is, she didn't pull it away.

"You don't have to hold my hand Ashton." she said with an eye roll.

I smiled fully, "I know. I want to."

She mirrored my smile before turning away. The rest of our wait was silent. Not the awkward silent, the relaxing one. People in the cafe were talking like librarians, so I'm guessing there's a rule that you shouldn't shout.

"Cheesecake, coconut water and a water?" A different girl yelled with our bag in her hand.

I dropped her hand to walk over and get our bags. When I reached for them, the girl slid another paper along with it.

"A receipt?" I asked, unfolding the crumpled paper.

The girl didn't answer. She didn't have to, because it was self explanatory. Her number was scribbled across the paper, and it was so untidy, that she had had to be rushing.

I smiled tightly, before resting the paper back.

She smirked, "oh come on. You know what they say about girls with confidence." she winked.

I felt another person beside me, and not to my surprise, it was Dinah.

She glared at the girl, "bye. He's with me."

The girl looked her up and down with a frown, as I stood there awkwardly.

Dinah rolled her eyes before grabbing my hand and pacing off.

I was shocked most of all at her sudden behavior, not to mention jealousy.

"Uh," I started, "what was that?"

She looked me in my eyes, "what was what?"

I sighed, "fine, then you won't get your food."

She giggled, "okay. I was jealous."

My mouth dropped to the floor, "why?"

She rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time.

"Ashton, I like you, okay. Geez."