Date #3

Dinah Ramirez
We were done with our movie, surprisingly and luckily we weren't done. I've never been so open with someone before, not even my stupid aunt.

"So," I started once the car pulled out, "can this next one top that movie?"

He pulled his bottom lip between his teeth before answering, "I'm not sure, but you'll like it a lot-maybe more."

"I doubt it, I love that movie."

He raised his brows, "we'll see."

"I am watching that movie on replay when I forget what happened in it." I rambled on, pulling the elastic off my wrist and pulling my hair back into a ponytail.

"Why'd you put it back?" he asked, coming to a red light, "n-not that it looks bad now."

I smiled, "well, because if you had curly hair, you'd do the same."

He rolled his eyes knowingly, "I had a feeling you'd say that."

I laughed, "well let's switch hair then."

He laughed harder, but quickly brought his volume down.

The light was still on red, and he used this opportunity to look at me. "You're really pretty."

I smirked, "thank you, Ashton. I think you're handsome as well."

He still looked at me, forcing me to look back at his eyes.

"Do you know you're pretty?" he asked, boldly.

I turned my body to him, "yes, I do. I mean, I guess."

He furrowed his brows, "huh? You guess?"

I watched him watch me, inspecting me without hiding. "Well, I'm okay Ashton. It's not like I'm a model or whatever."

The light hit on green and he sped off, surprisingly too fast for him.

"I can't wait to show you this place, well, more like an event."

"Ashton," I pushed, "where are we going?"

He sighed, "surprise," was all he said.

I waited patiently and quietly throughout the car ride, and I hated this Ashton. He seemed more nicer than this, but now, he wasn't.

Did I say something to upset him? Am I annoying him?

"Don't worry," he said, resting a hand on my knee softly, "I didn't mean to be mean to you, Dinah."

We finally pulled up to the place, and I instantly felt the back of my eyes sting.

Ashton Heart
I watched her carefully, expecting her to smile or laugh. She did the complete opposite.

Tears ran down her cheeks and onto her shirt as she hid her exposed emotions from me. I touched her hand, "Dinah."

She sniffed, looking up at me.

The sign above the parking lot read: Rehab for a day.

It was this thing I saw in the ad part of the newspaper, and I instantly thought of her when I saw it. Maybe I could help her quit smoking.

I came out of the car and came around to her side, pulling her out and wrapping my arms around her.

"You're welcome."

She leaned into my shirt, making it wet.

"Why did you do this for me?" she asked, wiping away her tears.

I smiled, "because I like you."

She smiled back, fully over the crying stage. "This much?"

I nodded, leaning down and kissing her this time. She deepened the kiss, bringing me down to her height.

After that, she grabbed my hand in hers as we walked into the gates. It was an outdoor event, since they were doing activities listed in the ad.

"I heard if you want more than a day, you can always ask." I said over the music playing.

She smiled and seemed to block out what I was saying, "you are literally the sweetest guy I've ever met, Ashton."

I looked over at her, to see her looking at me with a wide smile. "Thank you. I just really care about you. Watching you smoke your problems away is not a good sight."

Her tears welled up once again, and I gave her a hug, holding her tighter than before.

"Thank you so much Ashton. No one's ever done this for me." she said into the hug.

I rubbed her back soothingly, "I know. You're welcome."