Hunted Metamorphosis

A/N: Hello My dear readers!

Here is the request by Eyes of Mischief, where the reader is a shapeshifter and observed Stephen from afar until she is hurt by hunters.

Thank you all for your support, guys. It means so much to me. I got a lot of work to do these days, but I'll do my best to upload new stories, the next one should be about Reader leaving to see Sherlock despite the warning of Stephen.

Hope you enjoy!

Please leave a vote or a comment

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You watched him.

Intensively.

Every inch of his features was conspicuously admired by your equine eyes. The way the flicker of his cerulean blue eyes made your heart fluttered, the way his cape smoothingly embraced his master due to the wind made you weak in the knees and if you were not in your horse form you would have come closer.

You stayed still, observing the surrounding encompassing the supreme sorcerer. You were in a wild plain of the West and you had followed him a few times after you had caught his scent. You were curious about him, about what he was doing here as if he was looking for someone and you liked his sassy remarks against the cloak when it disturbed him in his meditation.

Dove to the beautiful spectacle your eyes offered, you didn't hear the cautious stepped until the burning touch of pain erupted into your shoulder. You neighed loudly breaking the peaceful silence of the wilderness and your scream of pain was harkened by the magician who spun around and saw you for the first time.

The bright golden coat of your horse form, your ivory mane fluttering in the wind and how your muscles rolled under your skin due to the pain made Stephen's eyes widened. He watched you in awe reared while hunters slowly surrounded you. Their silver weapons caught the eye of the sorcerer who immediately stepped forward. You whinnied louder and snorted when one of them stepped too close to your majestic form.

« Stop ! » warned the sorcerer when he reached your position.

You stamped the ground fiercely when a rope was sent in the air, rolling round and round until it landed around your neck. You kicked the sand, neighing and snorting threateningly but other ropes were sent and gradually you couldn't move. Panic was flooding through your veins, and you reared as high as you could, taking down some hunters flying and screaming in fear. You were perhaps a mare, but you had the spirit of a stallion, an untamed stallion. With crazy eyes, and blood dripping down your wound, you attempted to run away from the danger.

« You're hurting him ! » the magician shouted again, in an attempt to reason the hunters. However, they kept their attempts to capture you, whatever the cost was.

Your painful neighs, the staccato breathing and the eyes full of fear and despair touched the soul of Stephen who stepped into the circle made by the hunters and knocked them out. You observed his controlled movements took down, one by one, each hunter without really hurting them and you were amazed by his abilities.

« Maybe, he can help me control mine . » you thought while you kept on struggling with the tightened ropes around your body. Once, the danger was over, he turned to you. His sparkling blue eyes shining in the dusk and his steady breathing calmed you down.

You stayed motionless while you watched each other, measuring its strength and when he raised his hand up to touch you, you stumbled to the ground. Falling on your knees, the hooves against your belly and tiredness paralyzing your body, you didn't refuse his stroke. Neither the comforting words he was whispering under his acute eye of a previous doctor and you realized that he was slowly calming you down.