Close Call

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

Sorry for the long delay.

So here is a request from one of you where the reader has a  bet with Stephen aout her being able to win a fight against Captain America. SO the reader goes to Captain Marvel and Yon-Rogg for help.

Hope you enjoy!

Please leave a vote or a comment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He had dared you. The mischievous culprit of your boyfriend Stephen had dared you to make a fair fightwith Captain America and win.

Facepalming, you had argued about the fact you could bring down Captain America, the king of fightingstyles and that's when Stephen had smirked and made the bet.

If you lose, you would have to doeverything he said for an entire month but if you win, he would dowhatever you ask for a week.

Yet, you knew, you couldn't win, nowithout a little help, even if you had been trained by Black Widow.The enhanced strength of the soldier was superior to yours, so youused your other skill, ' Mystic skills' and travelled to a marvellousfriend you knew could help you.

So here you were, face down, your bodyscreaming for some rest while two familiar faces towered you.

« Come on, Y/N. Up. »stated Yon Rogg, offering a gentle hand.

Carol stood behind, her arms crossedagainst her chest with a smirk on her lips.

Groaning, you grudgingly got up andfaced your two friends.

« If you want to be CaptainAmerica, you have to beat this captain there first » the mansaid, pointing out Carol.

You sighed and closed your eyes,breathing in and out slowly to gain some kind of energy.

« Show them who you reallyare » you pondered, a familiar feeling invading yourveins. You had never told anyone about your genetically changedpowers, opting to be a normal avenger but to fight with ' aliens'had made you realise that maybe you needed to be something more thanaverage. Immediately, Yon- Rogg felt the change in the air andtensed, his eyes scanning you carefully. Time flew while pure powerglowed into your hands, making your two opponents blinked insurprise.

« Y/N what... » hadstarted the man but a harsh punch shut him up.

Another burning fist encountered yours,sending a wave of pure energy into the room, but you remained on yourfeet.

Brown widening eyes locked with yourswhile a gasp from Yon Rogg was heard.

« How ? » was all shesaid.

You smirked and stepped into action,using the advantage of surprise to put her down.

« I'm more than I look »you simply stated with a laugh while she patted your arm to let hergo.

Yon Rogg got up, his eyes scanning youwith new attention.

« I think we should practicemore often. »

You extended your hand, the birth of anew friendship on the way.

« Deal. »

*

You stretched your leg, tilting yourhead to the side to rub your sore muscles. Eyes closed and breathingslowly, you thought about the incoming fight with Steve.

Bucky stepped out of the shadows andpatted your shoulder.

« Don't forget you did yourbest, sweetheart » he whispered into your ear before openingthe door to the training room. You followed him, rolling your eyes athis comment, but your heart skipped a beat, the sting of doubt slowlysinking.