Learn Walking Before Running

A/N; Hello my dear readers!

Here is a request from  @AshliDinkelman about the reader being injured and looking for Doctor Strange's help. She comes from a wealthy family and had lost hope to run ever again until she lands in the right place.

Hope you enjoy.

Please leave a vote or a comment.

Thank you all for your support, love you guys! =)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To feel the ground tickled your feet, to feel your muscles stretched as you take a run-up to jump above the dead tree, you ran with all your might.

The wind rushing through your hair enlightened a smile on your face as you landed carefully on your feet. The adrenaline pulsing through your veins made you run faster and you hummed in delight. You were going to break your speed record. However, everything comes to an end, right? It can end by being reasonable or end in pain.

« I can do it, » you thought, your legs pushing further and further.

You were coming from a wealthy family and it provided you with a great amount of help to become the best runner in the world. Professionals, champions, specialists doctors had come to your doors to help you go beyond your limits.

Your legs screamed for relief, a pulsing pain burning your feet but you ignored all these warnings and kept doing the thing you do best: running.

Running was for you like breathing. You couldn't run at least once a day. It was a drug, an addictive drug.

Your favourite place for running was the forest as it was full of unexpected turns, floors and path to take. You were not afraid of getting lost in the woods because you knew you would always find your way back home.

The race of your heart, hammering faster in your chest to keep up with your speed begged for a break, but you denied it, pushing your body beyond its bounds, its limits.

You ran before you walked, always overstepping the boundaries of your body but it was who you were: doing the unexpected.

Nevertheless, one day, you asked too much to your body and it betrayed you in the worst way. Your muscles shut down, stopping the primary gear to run further and you fell face first. Time slowed down as you felt stopped in mid-air while the rest of your body was propelled forward until your figure roughly met the ground.

The daredevil you were was forced to retire.

Your legs were the most precious to you, they were your life, your job and your future but it turned into ashes when you had an accident. A bad accident. You attempted to jump higher than the human average height and for a moment you passed above the obstacle, flying higher than you had ever been but it came with a price. Your legs took the side effect, the gravity bringing you back to reality as a tremendous pain ripped through your body, an awful scream escaping your lips. You tried to stay up, to move but you couldn't and you fell. Your legs didn't respond to your silent orders now.

The angel had fallen to the ground.

After that event, you changed. The once hopeful girl disappeared into the desperate one, the gleam of hope dead in your eyes.

You tried every solution to heal your legs, to make them run again. You could walk, yes, but what was the point when you were born to run?

You travelled around the world, spending your family fortune to doctors who all said you were lucky enough to walk, but running was out of the question. Each negative answer killed your heart, your purpose to live but you kept on trying to find the cure.