Age Is Just A Number

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

This is a request from GalaxyStarLight8901 where the Avengers argued about Peter's age to be officially an Avenger. Bored, the reader calls Shazam who kind of does not help Peter's superhero situation.

Hope you enjoy!

Please leave a vote or a comment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A low sigh escaped your lips as theAvengers argued about the official presence of Spiderman into theAvengers. You had nothing to object as you thought Peter was avaluable asset to the team, yet Cap and Tony were arguing about theage factor.

« He's fourteen years old, Tony,he's too young to fight! »

And Peter mumbling softly, whilelooking at his feet.

« Fifteen, I'm fifteen. »

You shook your head and looked at yourphone, the redundant situation lasting for a while until boredomsinvaded your mind.

You sent a text to yourinterdimensional pal Shazam whom you knew thanks to Stephen Strange.Billy was a nice kid and he always knew how to cheer you up. He mighthave the mind of fifteen years old boy  in a godlike body but he still kicked butts andevil masterminds.

'Canyou come over, I need someone to cure my bored self.'

A few seconds later, your phone rang,informing you of a new text.

' On my way, Y/N. '

Then you had an idea which brought anevil smirk on your lips. Immediately, you typed your message.

' Come in your Shazam form, please.'

Soon a portal appeared in the middle ofthe room, blazing with intensity as the young superhero stepped out,his brown gaze locking with yours for a second before a genuine smileenlightened his lips. His tight red suit curved his muscular bodyshowing off his assets while the bolt of lightning scanning his chestshone brightly in the dim light.  His white cape rested safely on his shoulders, and you wondered if it could move like Stephen's cloak. AS your gaze stopped at his warm honey eyes, you realised Shazam was truly a masterpiece as his smile disarmed your heart, you couldn't stop the blush on yourcheeks. Peter who was observing you noticed the change in yourbehaviour but didn't say a word, silently shipping you two.

Shazam closed the remaining distance,his arms engulfing you in a big hug.

« My favourite superhero ! »he stated, nuzzling his head in your neck while you hugged him back,a huge smile on your lips.

« And my favourite Youngsuperhero » you said, accentuating the word  in frontof the Avengers.

A look of disbelief on their face, Tonybroke the silence.

«Young? He's the age ofCap here! »

As Shazam set you down, you spunaround, facing the team with your fists on your hips.

« Appearances are deceptive. »

Shazam put his hand on your shoulder,and you immediately relaxed under his touch.

« If I may intervein, agedoesn't matter in the hero figure as long as you follow your heart.If you do what is right to do, no one will question your age. »

Cap frowned, thinking deeply at thehero's word.

« And how old are you,Shazam? »

He scratched the back of his neck andmuttered 'SHAZAM'. A huge lightning bolt shook the building,revealing the real face of the hero and leaving everyone astonished.

« I'm just fifteen. »

A teenage boy stood in front of them, abeanie on his head and a loose jacket on him. Bright blue eyeswatching the team'aura darkened and his smile slowly faded.

As predators waiting to cage theirprey, the Avengers looked at Billy with acute eyes and the boyrealised that maybe he should leave.

He shouted his superhero name againbefore the team bolted to catch him and put him under their wings,and turned into his adult form. He scooped you in his arms, earning asmall gasp from you.

« Let's leave these old mentogether. »

Unfortunately, Tony heard him, as wellas Cap and another argument erupted in screams and angry scoffs.

« I'm not old! »

« Speak for yourself, you're ahundred years old! »

« I was stuck in ice most of thetime, Tony. Wait, how old are you? »

Stephen tried to temper the argument.

« Age is just a number, Besides,wisdom comes from any age. »

Tony snickered and said.

« Oh yeah, so doctor, is itstrange you're not the greatest in this room? I mean, you dohave white strands in your hair. »

« I mean for a fifty years oldman, you did well. »

Tony suddenly yelled at the top hislungs.

« I am NOT fifty years old,sh...!

« Language ! » statedSteve, which did nothing to help the situation as Tony's anger wasdirected towards the poor captain again.

Shaking his head, Stephen muttered somethreats under his breath and hurriedly retreated to the Sanctum before he could let hisemotions get the better of him. The Cloak gradually started to stroke his cheeks in an attempt to calm him down. It didn't work.

Shazam tightened his grip on you andflew off the window,  but told to the team one thing before jumping out of the window:

« If you need me, just say theword. »

The Falcon stated dramatically.

« Oh, come on, man! We'renot old! »

Peter, who was standing on the side,cleared his throat.

« So am I officially part of theAvengers? »

«Yes! »

«No! »

You laughed at the scene while Shazamcarried you through the clouds. Lost in his hazel eyes, you kissedhis cheeks, which made him fall his balance and almost drop you off,but he looked elsewhere, blushing madly.

« Thank you for saving me fromboredom. »

He sent you one of his signature smiles.

« Always. »

A/N: So what did you think? I personally think Shazam was a great movie! And I hope I depicted well enough in this one-shot.