The Wrong Villain

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

Here is a request by ArxherandFalcon where the reader is a former villain and is now part of the Avengers helping them fighting against enemies until Doctor Strange confused her for one of them. 

Hope you'll like it.

Please leave a vote or a message.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trust was like a string of pearls, so breakable, so fragile.

Sometimes you felt the need to have a life jacket on your side, but who could you trust and have faith in when you were known for your criminal records as a villain?

How are you supposed to act when what your surroundings is only fear and mistrust lingered in the very air you breathe. You had drowned once in the shallows of the dark side ( not Star Wars), the dark side of life, where despair is your daily routine. All you eat is death hitting the poorest streets and the awful smell of abandon with hopeless people. Crime was flooding in the alleys of the town, you thriving among it and it feels good even if it pinched on the inside. However, you had to survive, despite the situation, you became a criminal until the Avengers knocks you down and gave you a second chance. Your unique skills which dealt with tracking people. Known as The Ferreter, the best huntress in this country. You could hunt people down on miles, to rebuild their path and sometimes predict their next moves.

Today was the day where you could redeem yourself, clear your name not as the one chasing down police officers to save criminals but as the one eliminating any coward enemies trying to run for their lives.

One had got in the loose and Cap had asked you to catch him. You focussed and activated your power: the fiercest eyes which could see every way used by anyone. You could glimpse every possible lead taken by the man you were looking for. Your eyes changed colours when you were using your powers and you tracked the opponent down until something, or rather someone fell on you. Lost in your track, the predator in you fully awake, you realised too late something coming close to you.

Your surroundings suddenly froze and you slowly turned down to see a man with a red cloak staring at you nonchalantly.

« You're not going anywhere, wolfish girl. »

His arms crossed over his chest as he wasn't disturbed by the fact the true enemy was getting away, you blinked and argued :

« You're mistaken, I'm with the Avengers. Now stop this nonsense and let me finish my job. »

His storming blue eyes burned holes in your head and you realised he was stubborn. You reached for your ear com, calling for Cap but only a grizzling sound echoed and a sigh escaped your lips.

« I'm on my own. It's not really new, you pondered ».

The strange man raised his hands and immediately a glowing ambered whip appeared in his hands. You tilted your head, accessing your options: You could speak to him, and make him realise his mistake but due to his previous behaviour, it would have probably changed nothing. Second, you could fight until the Avengers realise the situation and come. Third, you could run. Neither of them pleased you but you took a deep breath and let your predatory instincts took control. Your form changed slightly, your eyes glowed of a bright green amber aura, your movements were more fluid and more comfortable.

« Before we start, may I know who I am facing? »

The man smirked, enlighting his deep cheekbones.