Dead Battery Part Two

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

So here is the following chapter of " Dead Battery", as the title says, it is a death ending. Don't read if you don't like it, if you do, perhaps take some tissue with you.

It's the first time I write about death, so please don't be too harsh on me.

Hope you'll like it.

Don't worry, the next chapter will be more joyful ;)

Please leave a vote or a comment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How would you like to be remembered? As a hero or a martyr? An innocent person or a survivor of death?

Sometimes, you don't have the luxury to choose, all you can do is to do something which matters and as the blood was dripping off your chest like tears streaking down your face, you let it go. It was painful, yes, but as the crimson vital liquid faded away from your deep injury, and the importance of this fight, you focused on what you felt for Stephen, on what you've been together, what you did and mostly his love for you.

You mustered the last sparks of your power and slowly, raised your trembling arm, aiming towards your former mentor. The cloak watched your move, with reluctance and joined its master back, already guessing your intentions.

Stephen was so deeply focused in the fight and dodging Mordo's attack, battling for what he cares the most: you. He didn't notice the cloak right away, letting anger overwhelmed his power. It is only the moment the cloak braced itself around Stephen, his heart slowly but surely broke. One part of him died when he saw the magical blast of power hit Mordo in his chest, not killing him but knocking him hard enough for neutralising his powers. Cause you see, you had the gift to give energy, but to take it back as well. Power comes from energy, if you don't have enough stamina in your veins, you can not cast a spell and that is exactly what you intended to do: to end him without killing him. You could have let vengeance kill him but one makes you different from Mordo is that you see the good in people, you see the last glimpse of hope in a person which means, it can still be saved. All you need is a match to flicker the flame.

As life was flooding out of your body, the bright blast of pure energy mingled with love escaped your fingers while one fragment of your heart bearing the immensity of your love for the Sorcerer flew to him under the form of an amber colour flame.

He watched astonished the miracle stopped mid-air in front of him while the echo of Mordo's body touched the floor. Stephen's breath got caught in his throat while the flame came closer until it entered his body. The first thing he felt was a bolt of love charging his soul, rooting one last time in his cells. The cloak softly landed near your unmoving body and Stephen's knees gave up when he touched the ground. He was frozen, torn into pieces while the remaining of your power still vibrated in his veins. Your eyes were closed, in peace and a smile still lingered on your cold lips. The one who had always had faith in him supported him and loved him was now gone. He was going to propose before Mordo attacked and he will never know the answer to his dying question: " Will you marry me?" He revealed the velvet box from his pocket and opened it, unveiling a beautiful ring he carefully put on your finger. One true love lasts a lifetime but he intended to keep you with him in his heart so he did put the ring on your finger while your heart finally stopped beating. You were linked, bonded together for a few seconds and your power glowed and rushed one last time in his body before you died.

You lied limp, motionless in his arms, frozen like a statute and Stephen cried, stroking your hair and soothing you in his chest. He couldn't believe you were gone, gone to protect him, dead to save him.

He looked at Mordo's unconscious body, pain clutching his heart and he activated the Mirror Dimension to imprison him. For good.

Then, he carried your body to the temple and whispered his final loving words:

" Thank you, Y/N. You are my love, my sunshine, my reason to live on. Yet, you are gone. But I want you to know, you will never be dead for me because you're in my heart, you are the energy surrounding us and I will never, and I mean it never forget you, my dear wife and true love."

A rush of wind touched his cheeks as a reponse to his words. His face stained by tears, he leant on and placed one last kiss on your frozen lips, settling your fate.

A/N: So this is the end. It might be a bit too romantic or I don't know but I wanted to show that for love, a person is ready to do what it takes to protect it. Any thoughts about it?