Every Hero Needs Comfort

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

I apologise for taking so much time to update, I got some personal issues and I had to deal with it but it turned out to be more complicated than I thought. Anyway, I haven't forgotten all of you.

As requested by@CatDetwill( I think you changed your username as I can't found you), here is the one-shot where the reader has fluffy wings and tail and is the source of comfort of the heroes. 

Hope you like it.

I'll try to update more in the next few days, probably this weekend. The final chapter of Legendary Partner will be soon published. 

Thank you all for your patience, your votes and your comments, it always makes me laugh or warms my heart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The first time it happened, it was after Buky's nightmare.

Screams had awakened you from your peaceful slumber, and you had walked sleepily to his room, almost staggering in the corridors. When you reached the heavy door, a ragged breathing could be heard on the other side and very slowly, you opened the door of the Winter Soldier's room.

Your long feathery wings and your fluffy tail hung down lowly on the floor, showing no sign of danger in your behaviour.

'' Bucky ? '' you muttered, tilting your head to look into his bedroom.

What you saw made your heart ached and you immediately spread into action: Steve's best friend curled up, shaking with tears roaming down his face with clenched fists around his knees sat in his bed.

Out of sudden, the man hugging his knees felt long frail arms wrapped around his torso while a chest hugged his back. Everything in him told him to turn around and twist this arm, but he had heard your voice and he knew who you were. Therefore, he let you come closer.

His sobs stopped, his body stiffening at the contact while you shushed him by caressing his hair. You gently wrapped your tail around his feet while your wings embraced your forms, creating the shape of a cocoon.

For a moment, Buck thought he had met an angel and a low shaky sigh escaped his lips.

' You're okay, everything is okayBuck. ' you whispered in his ear, your face nuzzled in his neck.

You stayed like this for a few minutes.

No words were spoken between the two of you, his body relaxing gradually against your warmth and soon he detached himself from your hug and you thought he wanted some space so you stepped back, retracting your fluffy tail and wings, but he simply turned around and snuggled back into you. His metal arm brushed against your wings, nestling in your back while his face rested in your neck. He held you tightly against him, yet in a loving manner. Your hand brushed his hair, soothing him and a happy sigh left his lips. His face relaxed under your touch and you screamed internally in delight, realising you had found his soft spot and you liked the way his face was when calmness found his features. He was a handsome broken man on the path of redeeming.

His blue eyes locked with yours for a few seconds, the sparks of reminiscence of the nightmare fading away and his hoarse voice murmured a small :

'' Thank you Y/N.''

A smile reached your lips and you kissed the top of his head, the soldier falling asleep in your arms, safely nestled into your warmth, the tail wrapped against his legs with your wings encompassing your forms and brushing against his back, like a feathery blanket.