[21] "ew, incest."

hi, hello, annyeong, asalamu alaikum, bonjour, hola, ciao, hallo, namaste — sharmila is alive and here with your super super late update >:/
__________

taehyung focus
"fuck — i can't do this anymore!" jungkook grunts as he unceremoniously dumps taehyung on to the side of the road. the aforementioned lands on his butt, crying out in pain at the harsh impact of hard concrete against his swollen ankle, and leans over to cradle his injury with shaky hands.

jungkook, instead of apologising profusely like taehyung wanted him to do, rakes a hand through his matted hair and mutters a few incomprehensible words to himself. taehyung ignores the boy and ducks his head, his teary eyes inspecting his injured ankle with worry.

i don't want this, taehyung thinks.
i don't want a sprained ankle.
i want an ice pack and a warm bed.
i want jae to scold me for not looking where i was going.
i want to be anywhere but here.
i don't want to be with him anymore — i should've ran away from him earlier when i had the chance.

taehyung looks over at jungkook at the last thought, glaring at the boy who stands there, swallowing large swigs of lukewarm water whilst wiping the beads of sweat collecting on his brow with the sleeve of his shirt.

jungkook focus
jungkook bags his water bottle whilst surveying his lack of unique surroundings; absolutely nothing catches his eyes. just endless fields of corn and the occasional creepy scarecrow would pop up in the distance.

whilst performing some stretches to ease the heaviness of his tired arms, jungkook looks back down at taehyung who glares up at him from under his dark lashes, brown eyes slightly watery.
"what." jungkook questions blankly.

"fuck you."

"fuck you too, man." jungkook replies back, almost casually. he switches to his other arm and stretches his muscles, grimacing at the dull ache ebbing away at his joints.

"no, fuck you." jungkook looks back down at taehyung's words, "i said it first." taehyung spits out defiantly, ignoring the raised eyebrow on jungkook's face.

"doesn't matter so fuck you." jungkook pathetically retorts after a few seconds of trying and failing to come up with something smart. 

"fuck you, you annoying coconut."

taehyung mutters the "annoying coconut" part but somehow jungkook manages to hear him.
"what'd just call me?"

"i called you a coconut." taehyung says, slowly drawing out the word "coconut" as if jungkook had never heard of the item before.

"wh—"

"sorry to interrupt your conversation but are you two okay? do you need any help? you seemed to be injured, young man." both boys stop their childish bickering at once and crane their necks round to see an elderly woman sitting in the driver's seat of a small cherry coloured ford fiesta. friendly brown eyes stare back at them.

jungkook blinks at the car in front of him; it was nothing much, just a beat up old car that doesn't quite reach jungkook's impeccable car standards (it would never top his much favoured navy mercedes benz) but nevertheless it was a car. a vehicle. a way to travel around without having to personally carry his clumsy captor and test his own strength.