[34] crimson tendrils

taehyung focus
as usual jungkook ploughs his way through the pedestrians that share the sidewalk with him, his hand is, of course, wrapped round taehyung's wrist which he tugs at when taehyung fails to keep up with his fast march.

taehyung trails after jungkook blankly, an expression of sadness imprinted on his face as they move further and further away from his new (possibly best) friend's apartment and down towards the area where jungkook had parked the motorcycle yesterday afternoon.

he sighs and lifts a hand to his furrowed eyebrows, his hand making a shield for his tired tired eyes. the sun was way to bright for a hungover taehyung.
never drink again, taehyung, he reprimands himself, body worn out by the after effects of alcohol and manic dancing in too small boots.

he groans internally when jungkook tugs hard yet again on taehyung's wrist, almost dislocating his hand from his arm.
"yah," jungkook calls over his shoulder, sending a sharp look at a lagging and exhausted taehyung "hurry up."

not wanting to make his captor mad, taehyung stumbles over his lazy feet as he tries to catch up to jungkook's side. they walk together (well, jungkook marches ahead and taehyung lags purposefully behind because of his bruised up blistered feet) like that for a minute before jungkook speaks up, breaking the silence between them.

"okay. what's the fuck is up with you?"

taehyung looks at his side to see jungkook intensely staring him down as they walk down the bustling pavement. "w–what?" taehyung murmurs, quickly looking away before he could, i don't know?? melt under jungkook's hard gaze??

"i said— " jungkook starts by stops abruptly when he catches sight of something in front of him, "what the fuck has happened to the motorcycle?" he asks, teeth gritted together as he stares ahead.

taehyung lifts his head up to see the motorcycle which should've been in pristine condition and standing parked by the side of the road, but is now lying across the asphalt road, metal parts strewn all over the concrete and paintwork dented and scratched up by something.

taehyung's mouth drops open.
how the hell are we gonna send this back to the owner without having to pay for replacements??? taehyung thinks as he intakes the destroyed motorcycle lying just two metres away from them.

jungkook focus
jungkook, on the other hand, is not worried about the motorcycle's true owner, but is (slightly) worried about the recognisable men that stand by the now shattered motorcycle, casually swinging baseball bats to and fro. the men looked almost comical with their greasy branded nike tops and low slung tracksuit bottoms, shaven hair and kids baseball bats in fisted hands. the people of this city don't even seemed fazed by their swinging baseball bats: many pedestrians warily glance at them but ignore them, quickly walking away from the taunting sneers of the overweight tracksuit clad ahjussis.

they're all looking down at the battered motorcycle, shit eating grins etched on their faces as they admire their handiwork — shit eating grins that jungkook recognises as the ones belonging to the men from last night who'd attacked him and taehyung. only it seems they've multiplied overnight; now becoming a group of maximum ten and not four.

you've gotta be kidding me, jungkook thinks.
the one who jungkook had broken the nose of is also there, his ugly bruised nose fixed up by a measly tan plaster that does little to nothing to help the injury inflicted by the fists of jungkook. just looking at the aggravating man, the ring leader of the group, makes jungkook's hands unwillingly curl up into fists again —— no, jungkook, you're not meant to engage into any fights. last night was an exception but now, what you need to do is get moving and take taehyung to hyung.
no fighting, jungkook orders himself, finality in his mind.