[57] prince charming

taehyung focus
taehyung licks his lips as he surveys the almost domestic scene before him, lidded eyes assessing the state of his room with a small smile appearing on his features.

to his left, sharing the other side of taehyung's king sized bed, is his brother, seokjin, who continues to animatedly watch the film and manically shovel buttery popcorn into his mouth. draped over his feet is jae who's similarly munching on popcorn and enjoying the film. taehyung should probably also pay attention to the highly rated film that jae had suggested but his mind keeps straying to a certain boy named jeon jungkook — a boy who happens to unknowingly render taehyung into a dazed, lovestruck mess.

but this time it's different; rather than longingly daydream about jungkook's softly defined features or mellow toned voice, taehyung's torn between two sides of a debate occurring behind his aching temples. an ongoing internal debate which argues the increasingly irritating question: should i share about jungkook with hyung and jae or should i just stay quiet?

taehyung, if he wanted to, could actually suppress any knowledge of jungkook for as long as he wants — he's managed, for a long time, with refraining from expressing his reluctance to inherit the company from his father, so he finds it, almost overwhelmingly, easy to keep himself to himself.

still, it's getting a little lonely solely harbouring the fact he's dated— no, is dating an utterly amazing boy that isn't so amazing in other people's eyes. he just wants to share the fact that he's in love with someone without being judged mercilessly. it's the slightest bit upsetting too to hear insensitive police officers easily ask preconceived questions that portray jungkook in a bad light. (for example; "did your kidnapper ever pressure you into sexual abuse?" no, i was the one who actually instigated sex between us, officer).

hearing the same, tiring questions being asked over and over again drives taehyung insane — it makes him almost want to oust his secret to the world through an amplified megaphone, scream the fact that the prestigious heir to kim enterprises, has fallen in love with his captor and that the feeling is utterly mutual.

taehyung sighs now, the need to express his feelings amounting to a considerable amount of irritation bubbling within his body. he just wants people to know that he's not mentally unstable (as his therapists have described him to be), but in love, in love with a doe eyed boy who makes his heart ache painfully the further away he gets from him.

upon hearing taehyung's small sigh, seokjin tears his gaze away from the film and sends him a quizzical look, cheeks endearingly stuffed with sweet popcorn and retaining him unable to speak his concern. the younger of the two, taehyung, smiles apologetically and hurriedly glances away before his hyung could question his slightly off behaviour.

"you good? you don't seem particularly entertained by the film." seokjin comments, slowly chewing his way through his mouthful of popcorn, "if you want, we could always switch to one of your old favourites?"

taehyung, still pretending to look entertained by the scene depicted on the flat screen television, shakes his head, murmuring, "no, this is good, hyung."

seokjin looks unconvinced for a second but turns away nevertheless, retraining his gaze onto the television but not before he mumbles, "tae, if you ever wanna talk about what happened in the past two months or if you ever wanna discuss utterly random topics like the freaking weather, then feel free to." he murmurs, staring at the screen,"hyung's here for you. i might not always be here physically because of overseas business trips but im only a phone call away, tae. i hope you know that."