[25] complimentary towels

taehyung focus
they spend about ten minutes in the rain before the water droplets transition from a light drizzle to an icy cold heavy downpour that drenches them from head to toe completely. when the sudden rainfall crashes down on to their skin and clothes, dampening then, jungkook (still holding taehyung's hands) guides (more like drags) the older back inside the b&b whilst struggling not to slip over the wet puddles gathering on the ground. they make it inside and jungkook motions for taehyung to walk in front of him to their room whilst wringing the water out of his white shirt.

as soon as they enter their shared room, an exhilarated but tired taehyung makes a beeline for the bathroom. inside, he shimmies out of his wet shorts and underwear and he should take the equally wet hoodie off as well but he's too exhausted to lift his arms, so he wanders into the bathroom, wrings and dumps the shorts into the bathtub and stands over the bathtub wringing the hoodie. once he deems the hoodie dry enough, he finishes up and then he is faced with an important decision to make.

the decision of what to wear.
taehyung only had two sets of clothes; the wet ones and the three day old dirty ones with dirt smears and sweat stains on. and taehyung obviously not wanting to wear neither garments, wraps a complimentary towel round his naked bottom half and pads out of the bathroom. he pushes the self consciousness occupying his head when he walks out and past jungkook (who waits outside for his turn in the bathroom) and flops on to the bed, still feeling grossly damp but he doesn't bother to do anything about it, instead he closes his eyes and yawns.

jungkook focus
jungkook, on the other hand, is more sensible and tugs all of his clothes off before showering for a quick six minutes in warm water. he leaves his pile of wet clothes in the bathtub when taehyung had left his shorts and pads back into the bedroom wearing only a towel round his hips. if taehyung hadn't dozed off, he'd no doubt have flung one of the cushions at jungkook's face and squealed at him to put something on.
but taehyung was fast asleep so jungkook walks around without a care about his half naked state and rummages through his backpack for dry clothes.

changing into just dry underwear and grey sweats, jungkook gives taehyung a passing glance and notices the boy hadn't bothered to peel off his hoodie and was wearing a towel round his hips. jungkook shakes his head at the boy's laziness but doesn't bother with waking him up and dealing with him.

+

taehyung focus
it's the middle of the night and taehyung doesn't know how he managed to fall asleep with damp clothes sticking to his skin. he sits up in the midst of the queen sized bed and winces at the horrible feeling of something wet clinging to body — the feeling itself is enough to make him hurriedly wriggle his arms out of the wet sleeves of jungkook's hoodie, pulling the soggy garment off and haphazardly flinging the material across the room. satisfied, taehyung flops back on to his pillow and adjusts the duvet around his bare arms.

"i give you my hoodie to keep you warm, and this is what i get?" taehyung, too comfy to get up from the welcoming warm squish of his pillow, tilts his head to the side at the sound of someone's raspy voice.

peering through half lidded but wary eyes, taehyung immediately spots a figure lying across the couch, limbs askew over the armrest and completely lacking a shirt. the damp hoodie taehyung had thrown just seconds ago is sitting upon jungkook's face, blocking off the glare that the boy was no doubt giving taehyung.

jungkook lifts his arm up, moving his hand to pinch the wet clothing item between thumb and forefinger before draging the soggy pile of a hoodie off of his face and on to the wooden floor below with a loud thwack.