[41] grilled salmon + a side salad

THERE MAY BE TEASERS ABOUT THE #LOVE_YOURSELF SERIES AND CLUES ABOUT THE COMEBACK IN SEPTEMBER BUT Y'ALL AINT DISTRACTING ME FROM MY BOY'S HIXTAPE @/BIGHIT

on a side note, seokjin looked so bomb in the love yourself teaser pics😦
__________________

taehyung focus
once the train trundles into gwangju and files into a train station taehyung can't remember the name of, they both exit the busy train and step onto the busier platform with no intention of speaking to one another. both have come to terms with the whole we-kissed-each-other-&-we-both-liked-it-omfg ordeal, but that doesn't stop the immense awkwardness leaking, creating heavy uncomfortableness between them.

neither say a word as they make their way along the crowded platform, heading towards the exit of the train station. as they walk out of the station and onto a town square of some sort, taehyung lags behind, nervously chewing his lower lip at the amount of people crowding round him. it's hectic — it's just became afternoon rush hours and dark clouds are hanging overhead threateningly, warning people of upcoming showers, and causing them to scuttle quickly to their homes or workplaces.

jungkook, hands in his pockets but with pikachu shoved under his left armpit, strides on ahead, walking briskly through the town square and ignoring the several lines of chain store shops advertising branded clothing or newest makeup products with their glowing neon signs and laminated a3 posters. jungkook may not appreciate the sights but taehyung takes his sweet time to marvel at them — he's never been here, he's never experienced the costumed mascots handing out leaflets and samples, never experienced the amazing food stalls that line the roads, never experienced watching insane dance acts take place on the streets or the young teens who busk together, singing softly whilst strumming their guitars soothingly.
he finds himself walking past all the above with widened eyes, useless leaflets filling up his hands by the second and several samples of street food being shoved into his mouth by cooing friendly ahjummas.

when jungkook turns around to make sure taehyung's following him closely, he notices the dazed boy standing a metre away, holding a variety of leaflets and skincare samples in his hand and animatedly watching a busking teen couple sing a catchy duet. his lips move, lip syncing the words he seems to recognises whilst standing there, watching the act.

slightly amused, jungkook shakes his head at how easily distracted the other gets when he finds new attractions before walking up to him, about to kill his fun and tell him to hurry up and move.
only when he gets to taehyung's side, he finds a smile wedged firmly onto taehyung's face — looking so indescribably happy that jungkook doesn't have the heart to pull him away when he's clearly having so much fun. so jungkook stands there stiffly by his side, listening in on the couple singing their duet that taehyung seems to love.

when the song finally finishes, taehyung claps as best as he could with an armful of leaflets and samples weighing him down, and turns to face jungkook, a grin on his face. "that was so—!" he starts but as soon as taehyung's eyes latch onto jungkook's lips, he abruptly stops and quickly turns away, blushing hard as once again he's reminded of the kiss. jungkook, noticing taehyung's behaviour, hurriedly turns away in the other direction, red colouring his ears.

"um, we should go." jungkook breathes.
taehyung nods, not bothering to look up and meet jungkook's gaze. "right, so. let's go." jungkook stammers, starting to walk away from the buskers. taehyung follows after the male holding his oversized yellow pikachu under one arm.

+

they stop soon at a small cafe named YUICHI'S CAFE! before the rain starts to fall. it's a teeny building wedged in between two clothing shops, looking positively suffocated as it stands there. nevertheless, the interior is pleasantly cute according to taehyung when he steps in — it's painted a soft shade of yellow that brightens up taehyung's mood. matching coloured chairs and tables are dotted round the place, allowing customers to seat themselves and sip at drinks of their choice. it's a calming atmosphere: there's a low hubbub surrounding the place and the scent of something delicious baking in the oven wafts towards the two boys who take a seat by the large floor to ceiling windows.