[49] milk

jimin focus
jimin hates him.

jungkook focus
jungkook hates her.

JUNGHOON
+
JIMIN

nudging his front door open with his elbow, jimin sidles into the hallway of his shared home, humming the 'happy birthday' tune quietly and pushing the door shut behind him. still humming quietly, jimin toes off his sneakers and sets them aside before shrugging off his winter coat, hanging it up besides junghoon's coat.

having purchased a cute cupcake from the bakery downtown beforehand, jimin sets the small cake onto the side table in the hallway and rifles through junghoon's coat pocket, looking for the boy's red lighter. successfully finding the lighter, jimin pulls it out and lights up the thin candle wedged carefully into the cupcake's icing top.

it's his boyfriend's birthday today — the first birthday he's going to celebrate with him and jimin's excited to see him, happily sing him happy birthday and feed him the chocolatey cupcake he bought. the idea's small perhaps, but jimin doesn't care because he's all for cute, small moments and junghoon knows that too after spending a whole year with him.
an example of a "cute, small moment" would be one that happened two days ago when junghoon had suddenly fallen ill, so ill that he could barely move from the confines of the bed. and jimin, not wanting to ditch his boyfriend, had faked being sick and called into work, telling namjoon that he had to stay in bed 'cause he had a rare disease that could infect and harm the entire world (jimin's not really good at lying and namjoon knows this but nevertheless, lets him stay in for the day).
successful in getting his boss to agree, jimin sneaks into bed besides junghoon and fixes his macbook in between them, putting on an animated film he knows junghoon loves and after watching, will feel better.

and then there was that time jimin had come home to find junghoon curled up on their sofa, donning a bandage on his upper arm where a bullet had dangerously grazed his flesh during a tricky heist. jimin, feeling utterly helpless because he couldn't alleviate the horrid pain in any way except hand medication over to the boy, comfortingly strokes junghoon's hair back and stays by his side throughout the entire day, murmuring that he'll be okay soon and that he loves him.

(anyway, back to the story). pocketing the lighter, jimin smiles to himself and lifts the sweet cupcake, cupping the tiny flickering flame so it wouldn't go out as he walked through their dark and silent apartment.

"i know i missed your birthday party, baby," jimin hums apologetically as he pads across the floorboards, heading towards his bedroom where junghoon would most certainly be. as he walks by the living room, he smiles at the birthday banner that stretches over the couch and the multicoloured balloons attached to the wall with sticky tape — all that he, himself, had prepared early this morning for his boyfriend. in exchange, receiving a warm back hug and a soft kiss on the neck from a sleepy junghoon.

momentarily smiling at this morning's sleep hazed memory, jimin continues, "and im so so sorry — namjoon suddenly bought up a database that needed hacking and it took longer than expected. but hey," jimin says brightly, nearing the door to their bedroom, "i picked up a cupcake for you — the chocolate orange one that i know you love." he chuckles lightly, pushing the door open.

the hand holding the birthday cupcake drops to his side, the flame going out at the sudden plummet in gravity.

"oh. hey, jimin." still looking as angelic as ever, haneul tucks her dark hair behind one ear and smiles fake sweetly at a shocked jimin, who stands there, now smushed chocolate orange flavoured cupcake in hand.